FBI Confirms Existence of Extra Terrestrials?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by KidKrav, Apr 12, 2011.

1. KidKrav

KidKrav Valued Member

The FBI's new Web-based document stash is generating quite a bit of buzz.

This morning, the digital collection of roughly 2,000 FBI files known as the "Vault" refocused public attention on the infamous "Hottel Memo," a March 22, 1950 note sent by bureau special agent Guy Hottel to J. Edgar Hoover concerning flying saucers in Roswell, New Mexico.

The memo states that "three so-called flying saucers had been recovered in New Mexico" and alien life forms were found inside the UFOs.

News organizations across the Internet have jumped at the spacey story but, according to the International Business Times, the questionable tale "has been making the rounds for several years," and the vault has simply made accessing it easier.

According to the International Business Times:

Several news outlets have reported the memo as "proof" that the government knew about crashes of alien spacecraft in Roswell. But not only does the memo say no such thing, it isn't even connected to the town of Roswell.

The Vault also recently broke new details regarding the murder of Notorious B.I.G.

FBI 'Vault' Stirs Alien Debate

Office Memorandum UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT

TO: DIRECTOR, FBI DATE: March 22, 1950

SUBJECT: FLYING SAUCERS
    INFORMATION CONCERNING

The following information was furnished to SA [Deleted] by
    [ Deleted ]
    [Deleted]

An investigator for the Air Forces stated that three so-called
    flying saucers had been recovered in New Mexico. They were
    described as being circular in shape with raised centers, approxi-
    mately 50 feet in diameter. Each one was occupied by three bodies
    of human shape but only three feet tall, dressed in metallic cloth
    of a very fine texture. Each body was bandaged in a manner similar
    to the blackout suits used by speed flyers and test pilots.

According to Mr. [Deleted] informant, the saucers were found in New
    Mexico due to the fact that the Government has a very high-powered
    radar set-up in that area and it is believed the radar interferes
    with the controling mechanism of the saucers.

No further evaluation was attempted by SA [Deleted] concerning the above.

RHK:VIM

FBI — Guy Hottel Part 1 of 1

The truth us out there...

Ooga Booga!

2. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I do the whole "they're out there man!" thing but that document doesn't really do anything for me probably in light of watching a lot of discovery channel at night and they've covered Roswell a few times even though this isn't related. The height is the only thing of real interest there but I don't get why the report would release that and what they were dressed in but no one decided to strip the bodies?

My other problem is its in the '50s and there was so much experimental crap being flown around then its not suprising some of it would be classed as ET

3. KidKrav

KidKrav Valued Member

The uniform three foot tall "human like" flight midgets dressed in space suits sounds strange.. That and the assertion that the Air Force has had at least three "so-called flying saucers" in their possession for the last 60 years, which they presumably would have reverse engineered...

If this is a misinformation campaign(conspiracy), which it could be, it's certainly a strange one.

4. Southpaw535

Sticking with the experimental aircraft thing though wearing a wierd suit doesn't suprise me anywhere near as much as the midget thing but the lack of any more evidence about exactly what was under that suit, and beleive me that would of been my immediate reaction, leaves me wanting a lot more info before I believe it. Not just as solid proof its not their own stuff but I'm struggling to believe this isn't just a propoganda thing. Why have it on public records otherwise?

You don't think humans invented the internet?

This is the FBI. Probably another reason I'm not convinced yet. I'm leaning towards just propoganda (if that's the right word? Lying for the sake of generating interest etc.) but its an interesting document it just needs a bit more to have any concrete impact and the lack of any further info on the pilots has made me really sceptical.

5. KidKrav

KidKrav Valued Member

Freedom of information act... After a certain period of time all records become public.

It wouldn't surprise me if the military is less than pleased that these records have become public, but they have no authority over the FBI...

Wut wut?

That's just the thing... To my knowledge, propaganda has never really been the roll of the FBI. The CIA yes, the military yes, but not the FBI...

Consider what the FBI was in the 50's. Hoover was essentially a political demi god who had dirt on everyone. The man could black mail senators and presidents into doing what he wanted them to. He's kind of my hero.

The one group in the country he had problems with was the military, as like him their leaders weren't elected and weren't vulnerable to the scruples of public opinion. He couldn't coerce the military as he could politicians, and because of that he probably never got the whole story...

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  6. Southpaw535

Forgot about that :bang:

Was saying we stole it off crashed UFOs. Bad joke sorry

Other than JFK? Yeah I said it :p
    But seriously I have no idea about the FBI so I couldn't tell you but services have done all sorts of publicity stunts in the past so its not outside possibility.

Again not knowing anything about the US, are the military higher in the pecking order than the FBI? I always thought they were a military intelligence agency and could therefore do whatever they want?

7. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Silly aliens. Building an interstellar space craft that crashes when pinged with radar.

8. Southpaw535

Heh have you not seen independance day? Pussies got wrecked by a 90s apple notebook

9. KidKrav

KidKrav Valued Member

The FBI is the Federal Bureau of Investigation. They primarily investigate domestic affairs and typically don't get involved with international dealings (unless it's something like international drug trade which funnels into the US).

A simple way to think of it is that the FBI is the most powerful police agency in the US. Their jurisdiction extends to the whole of the US as opposed to a given county or state...

Under Hoover the FBI was essentially his personal domestic spy agency. He built the organization from the ground up, and used political manipulation to solidify the organization and by extension, his own power.

After he died the politicians made sure there would never be another Hoover, but in his lifetime he was one of the most powerful people in the US.

10. Southpaw535

Cheers man. I always put them on the same level as MI5 so would that be in the ballpark somewhere?

11. KidKrav

KidKrav Valued Member

12. KidKrav

KidKrav Valued Member

I don't really know much about MI5...

13. Southpaw535

I know more about the army than the military intelligence but in a nutshell MI5 are, I think, the equivalent of FBI: Work on cases in the mainland (overseas is MI6 and I think CIA does that in the US?) and works in anti-intelligence and anti-terror cases mainly along with other serious crimes. Kinda like a top end police force but doubt they work within the law that much. I gather they work with Special Forces quite a bit as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MI5

14. JaxMMA

JaxMMA Feeling lucky, punk?

"Whaaa..."

[​IMG]

15. KidKrav

KidKrav Valued Member

It sounds like MI5 and the FBI are comparable in some ways, but it sounds like MI5 may work more closely with the military and MI6 than the FBI with the US military or the CIA. There is an emphasis on compartmentalization of law enforcement and military powers in the US, ie they're supposed to be totally separate...

I think MI6 may be more similar to the CIA than MI5 is to the FBI. MI5 sounds like it's somewhere between the FBI (domestic affairs) and the CIA (international affairs, plus all the domestic stuff they do that they aren't really supposed to be doing)...

Anyhow, back to little green men!

16. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

The US military, FBI and CIA all spy on each other as much as they spy on other countries or their own citizens. All the big American agencies compete with one another for jurisdiction rights and supremacy. Which wastes a tone of time, money and man power. And Cameron thinks following the American model will reduce state interference in peoples lives.

As for the Aliens? They haven't destroyed us yet. Probably because 1960s RADAR technology makes them crash. Stupid Aliens. The more chips you put in gizmo's the less reliable they become.

17. Southpaw535

Don't want to derail the thread anymore but there's something I've wondered for a little while now which is we're putting out signals and whatnot in an attempt to contact any life that may exist in space but why are we doing it? We seem to have this idea that any sentient life will want to look after us and be diplomatic when human history is stacked with us wrecking the crap out of anyone we perceive as weaker. Wouldn't we be better cowering on our dying rock being as quiet as possible?

18. JaxMMA

JaxMMA Feeling lucky, punk?

How did we humans come to the conclusion that aliens are interested in destroying us, anyway? :)

Also, if they did exist, what benefit does the government get from hiding the fact that they exist?

19. Southpaw535

Because its exactly what we'd do if we found a much weaker alien race?

Good point. Full conspiracy hat on they could slowly take/trade the technology away from the aliens and sell it on to the respective expert in the field thereby putting the US on top of the world in those developments and reap the economic rewards? Not a great theory but hey

20. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Too late now. And doesn't have anything to do with looking for alien life. We have been broadcasting on multiple wave lengths since the early 1900s.

What an alien species would make out of our television broadcasts is hard to say. They might even think the best thing to do would be to give those crazies a wide berth.

Although just because they have interstellar flight they might not be that much more advanced than us.

I read a great sifi story about this species who came to visit earth in these huge space ships. Every one on earth was very impressed with them. After they were here for a while we found out the reasons the ships were so big was their computers still used vacuum tubes and needed all the extra space.