Favourite movie villains?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by SWC Sifu Ben, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Archibald

Archibald A little koala

Shere Kahn from the original Disney 'The Jungle Book' was a brilliantly written character, purely because he isn't really in the film at all.

He only turns up for 15 minutes or so near the end, yet you feel his shadow through the entire thing. The panther (forget his name) is stressing about what Shere Kahn will think of Mowgli. The elephants are leaving because Shere Kahn is coming back. King Lou wants the power of fire because he heard Shere Kahn is afraid of it.

Literally the whole movie is the other characters crapping themselves at the thought of Shere Kahn coming back to the jungle (where did he go in the first place?).

Also honorable mention for Smaug (similarly written to Shere Kahn now that I think of it) and Dustin Hoffman's Hook.

2. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

The panther is called Bagheera. *shakes head in utter disgust*.

One of my favourite films as a kid. :p

3. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Aye, that's my absolute favorite Disney movie.
    I saw a trailer a few days ago for an upcoming life-action remake (of a prior live-action remake). It's just not the same to me. I like the cartoon better and I always will. :dunno:

4. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

It's the music and the atmosphere they created I think. A Disney movie could run the whole gamut from light hearted, funny, and jazzy to seriously twisted and horrifyingly scary while being entertaining, morally instructive, and fun to watch.

Not to mention the music written by Cab Calloway for King Louie was great.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  5. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

You know ...

I'ma just gonna leave that alone

6. Bozza Bostik

Hah - Saw it a few days ago myself. My girlfriend was bouncing around the kitchen with her phone and demanded I sit down and "watch this!!". She surprised me by showing me something interesting for a change! :evil:

I dunno - I know I'm going to be dissapointed, but....The Jungle Book!! So i'll probably go and see it.

The other live-action film was the Jason Scott Lee one, right? If I remember right it wasn't that bad. Not a patch on the Disney version, but ok for a wet Sunday afternoon.

7. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Most of my favourite villains have already been named and celebrated already, but I do think this one deserves an honourable mention:

[​IMG]

8. belltoller

Yeah, I saw Godzilla and all that but there was just something more nightmarishly real about Cloverfield - for as so long as he was seen from the distance.

The effects of Cloverfield more so than the monster itself.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkFcHUvyJ-k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkFcHUvyJ-k[/ame]

9. Archibald

Archibald A little koala

I almost wet myself when I saw this poster for the first time! (With happiness)

10. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

i've got a few favorite villains:

frank booth, blue velvet.
    noah cross, chinatown.
    the joker, heath ledger's
    henry, henry portrait of a serial killer

11. Bozza Bostik

Some odd choices here. Tina Turner???

Hannibal, Myers, Samara are all faves of mine from the horror genre. Bestest two would have to go to Voorhees and Leatherface.

12. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

If any of you guys are following a current viral vid...

behold the new face of evil.

Attached Files:

13. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Maaan, I feel like I should get him a body bag... :mad:

14. belltoller

A less menacing ancient...Kah Mun Rah

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FExNrzVTTw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FExNrzVTTw[/ame]

15. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Same here. (But I'll very likely wait for the DVD.)

Yep, that's the one I remember.

Lee did a fine job playing Bruce Lee, and he had a funny but short role in "Balls of Fire" (illegal underground ping-pong tournaments), but that's all I've seen him in. Don't know why. He's a fine enough actor.

16. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Scared the heck out of me as a kid, and now amazes me as a bigger kid.

[​IMG]

17. Bozza Bostik

Davros and the scene from which this pic is taken from scared the hell out of me as a kid.

[​IMG]