Favorite waza?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Kurtka Jerker, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

I don't start many threads, but after the "Favorite move" thread in General Discussion, I figured something like that would be fun among Takamatsuden practicioners. I mean how many people outside of our three schools are going to know what kata you're talking about when you say 'Hitou"?

As mentioned before, it's musha dori, omote-gyaku, and jigoku-otoshi for me, when it comes to taijutsu.
    The shiho bo furigata is fun too.
    Hell, post favorite drills too, might as well have something tangibly useful in the thread.

Other than just practicing a kata or waza, or playing around with a movement like drawing a sword, I don't know any beyond randori.
    There's sort of playing limbo with your rolls, but I think that was more to make a point than actually drill something that's hard to do otherwise.

2. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

Favourite waza? Why? Do you want to kill us?

3. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

I like Mu San if it is done aggressively.

4. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

I like this one myself:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W16qzZ7J5YQ"]budweiser wassup - YouTube[/ame]

5. Bronze Statue

Bronze Statue Valued Member

With regards to "favorite techniques", I'm not sure if it's a concept that really applies to the way most Takamatsu-den budo practitioners view their arts.

The phrase "tokui waza" is often used among practitioners of some other arts (I usually hear it among judoka), but among them it's common to say that one doesn't so much "choose favorite techniques" as much as the "favorite techniques choose them" or that one otherwise finds that some techniques are found suitable.