favorite technique

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by dark_blade15, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Munen Mushin

Munen Mushin New Member

More than not it would be a battery of second level Atemi.

2. Nightstrike

Nightstrike MMA Nerd

Sigh.....

3. fanatical

fanatical Cool crow

A round punch is not a hook.

A round punch is not useless.

A round punch is usually associated with crappy and compliant training training.

Wanderlei Silva uses "wild" looping round punches.

Wanderlei Silva's punches would be impossible to stop using this technique.

And I think that's about it.

4. Nightstrike

Nightstrike MMA Nerd

thank you, but maybe without the extra training at the end.
    Silva doesn't use round punches, he uses sloppy hooks, or sloppy loopy hooks.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2006
  5. fanatical

fanatical Cool crow

Haha. Training training training training training

I can't be bothered to edit it. :p

And silva does throw a sort of odd mix yes, but he also proves that a looping/round/wide hook type punch is still effective and cannot just be stopped or grabbed like it is when demonstrated as an "untrained" technique.

6. Archibald

Archibald A little koala

Guys not every thug on the street is an expert fighter....no proper fighter would grab someones hair either...does that mean training against it is useless? No.

I never said this technique was perfect....there are better choices out there but people DO sometimes end up in this position, whether you engineer it or not.

This obivously isn't going anywhere, so i think we should stop...we disagree with each other, fair enough....thats our perogative :love:

One last thing....Nightstrike...if you are going to argue, put something constructive or at least informative in your posts.....Fanatical has actually presented a fair enough argument, based on experience, insight and knowledge.

If all your going to do is 'sigh', then dont bother.

7. Nightstrike

Nightstrike MMA Nerd

It's not that I can't put together a constructive arguement, its that the person in which I am speaking too wouldn't listen anyways.

8. Pentagon

Pentagon New Member

My favourite technuique have to be the mawashi geri/Roundhouse kick

At ground: armbar or trianglechoke is not really sure it's so many of them :cool:

9. Atharel

Atharel Errant

Oo... favorite? O-soto-gari (wonderfully brutal), uchi mata, kata gatame (it's intense), and any variation of armbar.

10. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

sorry for bringing this up, but i've only just decided,
    Body drop throw, and sweeping loin.
    for grappling, i like wrapping the leg up from underneath, and straightening my legs with the opponents in it if they struggle. Often they're so busy concentrating on the arms, they don't notice the leg until they try to move.

11. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

I want to change my vote to O Goshi/Harai Gosh/Sei otoshi/fouling up and doing something in between the three that works anyway.

12. Cyrax

Cyrax Forever Student

leg bars

13. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

definately!
    After today, I also like the rice bail throw (as long as I'm watching it not having it done)

14. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

the body triangle either into a spine extender or as merely a low back/organ crusher has a special place in my heart. especially after breaking someone's ribs with it.

15. A R A K I

A R A K I New Member

Mine has to be Kannuki Gatame (inside armlock) followed strait into O Soto Gari

16. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I'm enjoying leglocks a lot more lately, particularly the achilles lock and kneebar, and I've been playing with some wristlocks I saw on a Tony Cecchine seminar tape. As for throws, I'm still very into my hip throw/ sweeping hip throw, rice bail and scissor sweep for showing off ;)

Last edited: May 14, 2006