Favorite Submission/MMA Fighters

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Korpy, May 10, 2005.

1. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

:D :eek: :D
    HAHA, thats the first time anyones said that!!!! damn thats funny.

let them underestimate us, and then find themselves in an anaconda choke gasping for air :D any of the half intelligent people i talk to acknowladge the danger of a good grappler.

2. JiuJitsu500

JiuJitsu500 Valued Member

go to the last forum i was just at, look at what two people said when i said that karate and those arts will be easily beaten by the BJJ, wrestling, savate, kickboxing, boxing, krav maga, or any other art, i'll post it in a muinute, hold on.

3. JiuJitsu500

JiuJitsu500 Valued Member

QUESTIONS FOR GRAPPLERS

go there, insult them.

4. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

I thought this was favourites not best. I like to watch a good match, and those that win all the time don't necessarily provide it.

5. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

JiuJitsu500, Trolling like this won't get you very far, please don't do it...

Last edited: May 16, 2005
  6. tengu

tengu Capoeirista "Paparazzi"

Andrei Arlovski
    Chuck Liddell
    Matt Hughes
    Matt Lindland
    Gary Goodridge
    Jason "Mayhem" Miller (A complete loon)
    Genki sudo

7. Daffy

Daffy Valued Member

Royce Gracie, George St Pierre, Matt Hughes, Andrei Arlovski

8. Satori81

Satori81 Never Forget...

I personally like Oleg Taktarov and Dan Severn. Sure, they weren't the best competitors, but in watching the few UFC events they were in, you can see how their style progresses.

For Oleg Taktarov, I was always impressed with his humble, quiet, respectful demeanor. No bragging, no trash talking...just a polite bow into the cage, and some nice looking sambo. He was also one of the first people to tap out Tank Abbot, who needed some serious tapping out.

May you achieve
    Satori

9. BRECKDOG

BRECKDOG Valued Member

From the old skool I liked Marco Ruas, I liked the way he systematically took apart his much larger opponats using his muay thai and BJJ skills and his tough mentality.
    Also, Belfort and Vovchenchi for their explosiveness in striking (but totally different styles) - these the guys that made me excited about MMA

....not Ken the sham rock - partaker in some of the most boring fights in history. (sorry fans of Ken but Ive obviously overlooked the good ones).

10. rtkd

rtkd Z-boyz

So do you think he could win against fedor??
    He will only take specialty fight with the likes of akembono etc. And akembono is someone who is totally limited if he get put on the ground! He would have trouble getting up let alone rolling around with a bjj bb.

How do you know this?? there is no record of these 400 fights. Im not saying they didnt happen but to say "he always made sure his opponents were heavier" is absurd. What proof do you have??

of course if your opponent is more skilled than you he is probably going to beat you. what are you trying to say??

weight class is very important!!!!!!!!
    Back in the gracie days they were fighting all size opponents because the ground game hadnt really been developed outside of the gracie family. So to them all they had to do was get them on the ground and they would usually win from there. Now there are guys who are very strong and very big with these ground skills.
    If royce didnt care about size then he would have fought ken shamrock again after there draw in the superfight. But the gracies refused and said ken was too big and strong and he would need to come down to royces size if they ever wanted to fight again. Why do you think there has been such bad blood between them for so long??
    back in the day weight class didnt matter so much but now to say weight class still doesnt matter is extremely naive.
    Im a big fan of the gracies and what they have done for mma, but times have changed and so to has fighters.

Last edited: May 20, 2005
  11. Tribalweapon

Tribalweapon Valued Member

Andre Arlovski
    Yves Edwards
    Chuck Liddell
    Randy Couture
    Matt Hughs
    Ken Shamrock
    Vanderlai Silva

To name a few

12. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I've grown quite a support of Norifumi Yamamoto :)

13. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Gotta love someone so dedicated to the fight that he keeps punching after the bell, eh? :D

Mine are, in no particular order:
    Mirko Crocop
    Fedor Emelianenko
    Chuck Liddell
    Wanderlei Silva
    Vitor Belfort (when he's on form)
    Sakuraba
    Andre Arlovski
    Pedro Rizzo
    Randy Couture
    Genki Sudo
    Frank Trigg
    Yves Edwards
    Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua

I think maybe I mostly like watching strikers ;)

14. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Speaking of Pedro Rizzo; his first Pride fight is supposed to be in August from what ive heard :)

I'm glad to see you've got Genki Sudo in that list of yours there Sever! :D

15. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

Man, wheres the love for Mark Hunt!?!?! who else possesses the dynamite power of the atomic butt drop?

16. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Hunts Atomic Butt Drop is definitely up there with Sakuraba's skillful Mongolian chop :)

17. impala

impala New Member

I thought randy invented the atomic butt drop?
    btw never seen saku chopping.

18. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Hunt performed the move, Randy named it :)

19. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

crocop, y. edwards, belfort, arlovski, gomi, igor v.. i prefer strikers.

20. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Crocop, Ruten, Sudo and any of the Gracies and Sakuraba.