Favorite punch?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by cowzerp, Apr 17, 2008.

1. cowzerp

cowzerp Valued Member

As heading suggests, what is your favourite type of punch to throw?

Mine is the left hook, im orthodox and love left hooks, great when you can land them with power..

2. tomass911

tomass911 Valued Member

i dont do boxing but a punch is a punch :p

i personally love a straight right, can get a decent amount of speed and power with it.

3. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

From Orthodox stance, I do like an overhand right.

4. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

My favorite punches:

1. Jab
    2. Cross
    3. Left hook

in that order.

5. Emil

Emil Valued Member

I don't really understand the question - which is your favourite punch? Different punches work in different positions, so people can favour a punch from one position, but it might not work in another. I suppose a better way of phrasing it would be "Which punch do you use most often?" For me its the left cross.

Em

6. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

Favourite punch has gotta be left hook, im orthodox but my left hook seems to be my most powerful but only if its set up right

7. Atharel

Atharel Errant

left shovel hook

but I am the worst boxer ever.

8. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I always favor the left jab. The basic left jab. Keep it working and tire them out with having to defend it. It's a great set up for other shots in boxing... or in Muay Thai a brilliant set up for kicks and in MMA a good set up for a shoot. :)

9. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I'm southpaw and i love the right jab. they dont expect it always especially in other MA sparring and a couple of those followed by a full power left straight is a great combo. It won me my first fight!!

10. cowzerp

cowzerp Valued Member

Its simple and your the only person who does not understand it! what punch do you enjoy most? i love landing a clean left hook, end of.

what punch you use most does not need to be your favourite punch, otherwise every decent boxer would prefer the jab as its used way more than any other punch!

11. cowzerp

cowzerp Valued Member

Its simple and your the only person who does not understand it! what punch do you enjoy most? i love landing a clean left hook, end of. :cool:

what punch you use most does not need to be your favourite punch, otherwise every decent boxer would prefer the jab as its used way more than any other punch!

12. stump

stump Supersub

As a southpaw for me it's a right shovel hook into the ribs - its beautiful when it lands sweetly :)

13. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

as the saying goes, "the one that lands."

14. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

It varies but my right cross is coming along and I'm enjoying it cos its actually landing once in awhile.

15. Sarah the Sane

Sarah the Sane Curse of the Red Mage

I really like my right uppercut. I'm finally using my hips when I punch, which made all of my strikes a lot better.

16. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

As a add on to my last comment, it doesn't land very often and isnt the most technical but a left overhook haymaker is a fun one.

17. Archibald

Archibald A little koala

Ergh, I used to train with a guy that did that to me all the time. I'd slip over to the forward left of the jab and wear the incoming round kick like, 95% of the time, lol.

18. emaun

emaun New Member

The left uppercut from the 1-2-3 combination and then follow up with a overhand left to lay them out.

19. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

I'm a Jab and hook kind of guy. Works well when the MMA arena for working and opponet for working some knee action. :D

From the boxing stand pont I'm a feint jab, hook, uppercut guy. Dig in close and grind.

20. Otataral

Otataral Sapientes Gladio

Jab followed by a hook.