Favorite Finishing Technique???

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by Acekicken, Oct 27, 2002.

1. Acekicken

Acekicken Submission Fighter

Mine is The Cross Armlock a.k.a. Juji - gatame
    I have also used many leg locks & Chokes
    But when i hit an armlock
    im like a Kid in a candy store:p

2. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Inwards punch to the head. Finishes most things for me, if not then I'll usually just fold inwards to an elbow-strike/takedown before running.

3. Joseki

Joseki Valued Member

anything i can do at the time to finish (not to worried) but i like to try and lock them up or just keep hitting them then lock them up.
    To be honest if their on the floor and i'm not i'm happy with what ever finish.

4. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

Joseki wrote:
    "To be honest if their on the floor and i'm not i'm happy with what ever finish."

Amen
    me too won't care much,
    but to me anything that makes them loose mobility... :)
    -TkdWarrior-

5. STASH

STASH New Member

I do what I have to, to win. I dont say to myself: "Ok, this is gonna be the finishing strike". If he goes down, good...if not, well then you just keep on fighting,

6. Acekicken

Acekicken Submission Fighter

:woo:
    Not tomany Finishers out there
    ????????????????????????????

7. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Reverse Juji Gatame, not many people looking for it! Or ankle lock!!!

I'm trying to get away from chokes/sleepers cause I use them to much and people expect me to go for them.

Thanx

8. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

The Dragon Punch! Deadly!

However, in reality, its either a roundhouse kick to the floating ribs, a jab and cross to the chin or a figure 4 arm lock!

9. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Anything that works at the time. Its a question of range.

10. Mike Flanagan

Mike Flanagan Valued Member

I'm not sure I'm using the same definition of 'finishing technique' as others are. My definition means basically a killing or maiming technique or one that will cause sustained unconscious, ie. one that (if applied properly) will definitely finish the confrontation with no need for further 'input'. Therefore a cross to the jaw, for example, wouldn't be a finishing technique, although on a good day its entirely possible that such a technique could end the confrontation:)

Likewise, I wouldn't regard a lock as a finishing technique, unless it was taken to the point of causing irrevocable joint damage. For instance, you're assaulted in the pub, you apply an arm-bar and take the person to the floor and restrain them there. All you've done is restrain them (until the police arrive). You are not yet able to release them and move on to the next aggressor, hence you haven't finished them. On the other hand, if you use the arm-bar to smash the assailant face first into the ground then apply sufficient pressure to the elbow to break it - I'd define that as a finishing technique.

Mike

11. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

This is why I teach my guys that "Submission" is nothing more than a training tool to make our training safe. In reality we very seldom "submit" an opponent. As you rightly say - what then? If he "gives up" are we supposed to believe that he will not try to continue the fight if we let him go? I teach my guys to either choke the opponent unconscious or cause major joint damage i.e. break the elbow, knee, shoudler etc THEN have a discussion about the opponents willingness to continue the fight.

My favourite finishing technique? A good head control followed by a relentless barrage of headbutts, knees & elbows.

12. Joseki

Joseki Valued Member

Yoda

My favourite finishing technique? A good head control followed by a relentless barrage of headbutts, knees & elbows

Sounds nice

13. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Using a toothpick to remove my opponents scrotal tissues from between my teeth!

14. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

"Using a toothpick to remove my opponents scrotal tissues from between my teeth!"
    Andy i just don't get it when r u joking...ROLFLMAO...
    best finishing technique award goes to Andy
    -TkdWarrior-

15. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

*spits*.....Who's joking? ;)

16. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Joseki - Yeah, I'm just a nice cuddly bunny :D

17. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

18. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Jujitsu finishes

Used to be rear naked choke

Now its

Arm bar or neck crank