Favorite Actor

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by sifu87, Nov 24, 2014.

1. sifu87

sifu87 Valued Member

2. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Do you want to give everyone your opinion as to why he's your favourite actor? So to spark some conversation?

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Never heard of the guy.

4. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

5. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

I thought this was a thread where we could all discuss who our favorite actor is and generally have an interesting discussion about different actors skills and whatnot. That's not the case but instead of moving on I'm going to do my best to fix this broken thread by steering it in that direction.

By sheer skill, I'm going with either Dicaprio or brad pitt, both fantastic actors with good careers and promising futures. However, I can't just not mention Chris Pine for making me forget William Shatner ever played Kirk.

[​IMG]
    Also, He's absolutely gorgeous so he's got that going for him.

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Luke Evans (Dracula Untold, Fast & Furious 6) is highly underrated.

Michael Fassbender (Prometheus, X-Men) is top of my list right now. He's just superb.

As for females, Zoe Saldana has been no.1 for the past 5 or 6 years.

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Bruce Campbell (blessings be unto his chin)

8. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Close contest between John Cusack and Nicholas Cage.

9. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

10. afhuss

afhuss Valued Member

Gary Oldman or Daniel Day Lewis are my two favorites, for their skill at playing diverse roles with equal skill and creating seamless, convincing characters.

11. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Eddie Marsan gets my vote. He's one of those "chameleon" actors, who will show up somewhere playing a role you wouldn't expect of him, but absolutely brilliantly. Works include War Horse, V for Vendetta, Guy Richie's Sherlock Holmes films, Pierrepoint and (one of my favourite bits of tv from the last few years) The Best of Men as Ludwig Guttmann.

12. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I'm not sure that I've got a single favourite, but if I did then it might well be Robert Duvall. I can't think of a single film I've seen him in where he's been less than excellent.

If we are allowed to include actresses then I'd also say Angela Bassett. If she was white then she'd have a mantelpiece full of Oscars by now and would have got loads of major leading parts.

13. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Has to be Daniel Day Lewis for me. Never seen him underperform, was outstanding in “there will be blood” and Gangs of New York. Also supposed to be playing the part of Brother Walfrid in the Celtic story.

Favourite actress is Jennifer Lawrence, don't care if she's good or not.

Baza

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

This man knows what's what. :)

Favourite actor I think is Robert Shaw. Just for being Quint in Jaws really.
    At the moment Michael Fassbender is on top form and watchable in everything he does.

15. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Damn you webpage for dropping out as I was about to post!

I think if I was forced to pick just one actor and one actress...I'd go with Martin Freeman and Dame Judie Dench. Martin Freeman has some incredibly skills and is incredible at "soft" acting as I call it - the facial cues and body language portrayal. He's also the only actor I have ever seen that in outtakes will do the same lines in the same scene a dozen times and every single time with give a different portrayal of the same piece with a different connotation.

Dame Judie Dench I first remember seeing in Goldeneye, then in the Chronicles of Riddick, Shakespeare in Love, Pride and Prejudice and the other Bond Films. She has never disappointed. Ever.

Honourable mentions (just a few):

Morgan Freeman - Shawshank Redemption. I don't think I need to say any more than that. Other than I could listen to his voice all day.
    Benedict Cumberbatch - as Smaug. For me, his portrayal of Smaug is frankly iconic cinematography as much as the graphics.
    Mark Hamill - as the voice of Joker in the games. His vocal portrayal of the Joker rivals Heath Ledgers' acting of the same character in the films IMO. Without him, I honestly feel the Batman games would not be as good. Or the cartoons for that matter.
    Natalie Dormer - Margaery Tyrell in GoT and Anne Boleyn in the Henry VIII remakes with Jonathan Rhys Meyers. If you haven't seen them, watch them now.
    Julie Walters - another actress that frankly always brings a smile to my face when I see her.
    Patrick Stewart - c'mon, he was Picard!

Yeah...I better stop there. :eek:

16. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

This man knows what's what too! :)

17. ned

ned Valued Member

Serious-Alec Guinness;Richard Burton

For laughs-Gene wilder,John Candy

18. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Can I get a quick mention for Jack Gleeson?

No other actor I've seen can make the whole world hate him in one role or make everyone so happy when he died. :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  19. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

There is but one - Clarence J Brown III, played Cpt. Hadley in The Shawshank redemption. Dude was evil, also played the Kurgan in Highlander.

Baza

20. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

[​IMG]