Fav. martial art

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Din, Feb 24, 2004.

?

which do you like the most??

1. Tae Kwon Do

16.9%
  2. Kung Fu

20.0%
  3. Ninjitsu

3.1%
  4. Karate

12.3%
  5. Kickboxing

1.5%
  6. Aikido

4.6%
  7. Hapkido

3.1%
  8. Kenpo

3.1%
  9. Jeet Kune Do

4.6%
  10. Others

30.8%
  1. Din

Din 3rd dan

what martial art do you like the most..
    for me its always been TKD. :cool:

2. Kenpo Kicker

Kenpo Kicker New Member

for me it is also tkd for it's kicks and my physical devlopment. I love kicking it's alot of fun. We also put punches to good use :). I like the boxer like punches we do (could be tkd or just the kickboxing added to it). I loved kenpo for it's techniques. Both are fine arts. No doubt in my mind I can wail on somone with good punches in a fight. I know tkd gets a bad rap for lack of punches but it doesn't seem the case at my dojang.

3. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

definitely TKD. i have loved it from the very 1st training session. i started competing, got my colored belts, Dan rankings, started teaching...it means the world to me. if i had to stop, i truly think it would kill me.
    at the moment i'm at home, mostly in bed, because i had knee surgery, and the recovery period is more than frustrating, let alone stop training for good.

i also love watching K-1 fights and PRIDE fights. if there is a show about martial arts, any martial art, on TV i'll watch it, because i'm not the kind of person who says my martial art is the best and all the rest is $hit.

4. BaeNim Roy

BaeNim Roy New Member

TKD is my art. The kicks are lovely :)

Btw, where is Judo and other 'soft' budo arts? Aren't those considered martial arts? :confused:

- Roy

5. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Yeah!!! I'm not answering this!!! Whats happened to BBJ, Jujitsu or something like boxing?!?! I'm guessing it's because you didn't have enough poll spaces left :)

6. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

Ju Jitsu for me. Always.

7. shipto

shipto Atkin's for life

I refuse to vote how dare you put Muay Thai in with others.

8. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

No Kenjutsu? tsk tsk tsk....I also see there is no Dim Mak up there either.

9. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Jujutsu for me too.

10. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

surely, everyone who votes on the poll will be biased towards their own MA.

btw, i chose karate

11. Epsilon

Epsilon New Member

Does Thumb Wrestling count as a MA? :D

12. Furikuchan

Furikuchan New Member

Judo all the way. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my karate training, and the feel of the bo singing in your hands is one of the greatest feelings in the world, but there's also something to be said for a slight movement on your part tossing a guy halfway across the room.
    I guess I'm biased because of my sensei. He got me to love the art.

13. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

Of course they are Gaskell, that is why I chose karate too!

14. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Sumo! That is the only sport I enjoy watching on TV.
    But I have been seen at the aikido dojo several times a week.

15. M3inline6

M3inline6 Valued Member

I'm a fan of martial arts in general. It's not always the actual art that encompasses me, but the practitioner. I will admit that there tends to be a bias toward one's core art (mine being Capoeira), but I'll give props to anybody who is good, and be the first to applaud somebody's accomplishments.

16. kickcatcher

kickcatcher Banned Banned

MMA is my fav style but I don't do it. Wierd.

17. TigerAnsTKDLove

TigerAnsTKDLove Ex-TKD'er 2005.

my favorite style of course is TKD!!! its my pride and love and obsession and i also admire hkd!

18. Guy Mendiola

Guy Mendiola New Member

I would say TKD,Muay Thai, and Boxing and also even though if I haven't done this art but I would say Capoeira because of it being an Art/Dance.

19. xuande

xuande New Member

Well I voted kung fu (Hung Gar specifically) but it seems awful hard to try to categorize by specific styles. Maybe start the poll by country of origin of the MA then the specific style in the post, might be easier to make sense.

20. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

Drunken Boxing is my favourite martial art.

I do TKD.