Fastest Kicks

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Master Betty, May 20, 2011.

1. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

Check this out! Fastest real kicks I've ever seen!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxohGorwwGg"]YouTube - ‪REAL KICK MACHINE!!!! Sarm-A wanna say something to Kongsak!!!‬‏[/ame]

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

At first I thought, "yeah they're OK" but then they went on and actually got faster, then on and on. I can't write what I thought then but the second word was hell

3. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Holy faeces!
    I thought some bits might be sped up but the swinging bag in the back ground appears to swing naturally.

4. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

Once we have a camera capable of catching my kicking speed ill upload a video ... lol ... nice find thanks for sharing :)

5. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

SOB doesn't even seem out of breath :|

6. liero

liero Valued Member

Pretty fast...I've seen tkd speed kick drills that went for longer and kicked faster though.

And yes- with power

7. Master Betty

Not with anywhere near that power sorry. I know I know, I have no way of knowing what you've saw yadda yadda yadda, but sorry, TKD? no you didnt. The only guys who train as hard as the thais are the korean national squad and frankly, their roundhouses have nowhere near the same speed.

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  8. Hyeongsa

Hyeongsa The Duelist

At first I was like fast but...eh. The fact he went that long, that fast, and without much problem was....amazing.

liero: find a video! I'd love to see that!

9. Hyeongsa

Hyeongsa The Duelist

Master Betty: Your right! Everyone should train in Muay Thai and forsake their arts! TKD, Kuk Sool, Hapkido, Karate...it's all worthless compared to the all mighty Muay Thai! LOL Jk

10. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Bored bored bored.

Mitch

11. Master Betty

hey when you guys prove me wrong I'll eat my hat. But I still to this day have yet to be shown a TKD video where the guy kicks, using a TKD style roundhouse, anywhere near as hard as a thai. Instead of giving it all the "yawn bored, MB you're so blinkered blablabla" why don't you actually stop whining and either do a real sport or post a video proving the stuff you claim.

12. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

I don't know about TKD, Hapkido and Karate but dropping the KSW is a champion idea! Nice one! :hat: :ban:

13. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

When I first saw this thread I thought that maybe I'd seen better in TKD as an exercise in tapping a pad as fast as they could with no want,will or desire for any power what so ever. Once I'd seen it I couldn't even say that. Every one of those kicks was done with intent, yes not all would have been real nasty kicks but they were kicks. Compare that to a knee flex kicking 'record' and they are miles apart

14. Kwan Jang

Kwan Jang Valued Member

Betty,
    Hopefully you do realize that the TKD round kick is mostly a probing strike unlike the MT version. Both are round kicks since they are semi-circular kicks, but they are different tools for different purposes. It's like asking which is a better tool, a saw or a hammer; it depends on what you are using it for.

15. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Not being funny but thats not a great statement to make if you've now got no video to post to back it up?

16. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Impossible as you constantly shift the goalposts. So originally the thread is about fastest "real" kicks. Which you don't define so you can come back and argue later.

Hence:
    Now, not only are you now moving on from speed, you assert that the only people training as hard as the Thais are the Korean squad. On what basis do you make that claim?

But the thread was not about how hard they kicked, and when someone says they're bored with your constant attacks on every other style your repsonse is to "stop whining" and do a "real sport" ie something that matches your criteria?

So essentially you're saying, over and over again, everything else is crap because it doesn't match my criteria and I'm not interested in hearing about anything that doesn't match my criteria even if it's good.

I honestly don't get it. You obviously have knowledge that some people on MAP would be interested in, I've enjoyed our diuscussion on MT origins and similar arts tonight for example, but the rest of the time you're borderline trolling with the constant digs.

Why bother?

mitch

17. Master Betty

Lol och come off it and be honest for a second. Where on EARTH do the TKD guys kick as hard as the thais? Lets just face the facts here and acknowledge what every serious fighter on this planet knows. don't star with all the usual classroom misdirection internet arguement bullcrap that goes down on this website every time someone gets the rage because I've said they're a wimp or something. Where. do. TKD. guy. kick. as. hard?

they dont.

lol who in tkd could? the average middle aged banker with a self esteem problem who goes to the local leisure centre twice a week for an hour each every week? The socially inept and insecure teenager with a bad acne problem who does the same training but once got a world title in Master Jimmybob's Xtreme Power Patterns Tournament? No. They don't. that leaves the pro's and by YOUR own admission, the korean national squad train the hardest and from what I've seen, they train roughly equal to what the entire professional thai boxing circuit does in thailand, only they do it for a sport which emphasises point sparring style instead of power in the same way thai boxing stuff.

You know this too. So arguing it isn't about me thinking I'm right all the time or any other crap. It's simply the stereotypical TMA sour grapes when they get told something that, no matter how true it might be, they don't like.

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  18. Master Betty

Maybe. I doubt the truth of that as well but it's a different matter altogether from whether or not the TKD kick is actually physiologically CAPABLE of producing the same power - which it isn't.

Sorry, that's like me putting up a video of Pacman smacking the hell out of the pads as fast and as hard as he can and one of the little chun fairies coming on and saying "I totally once saw this wing chun guy punch faster and much more powerfully using chain punching". Ludicrous.

19. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

I earned that trophy mate... blood, sweat and glitter.

20. Master Betty

Truthfully, I'd like to see Master Jimmybob's Xtreme Power Patterns Tournament. Sounds entertaining.