Fastest Hands 2

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by MMAwarrior, May 3, 2011.

1. MMAwarrior

MMAwarrior Banned Banned

Lots of you are saying how did you know about BJJ & Muay Thai B4 the UFC. Come on guys really these arts have bin around for 100's of years. As a kid i wanted to learn how to really fight not just take a baby karate class .

I had an uncle who did MA in the 70's & 80's. he started teaching me these arts when i was a kid . to of my favorite fighter growing up were Ramon Dekker & Benny Urquidez. bolth men were great kickboxers also skilled in the art of Muay Thai. so that how i knew about these arts B4 the UFC So i hope that answers that question.

As far as me fighting UMMA those fights mean nothing i never came on here & said i was a great fighter or the best or a badass or anything like that cuz im not. so let not turn this thread into another train wreck like the last one ok if you don't want to believe me thats fine im not here to spred lies or bulid myself up at all. just here to share my WC vid's. so let keep it about WC ok.

I only brought up my MMA backround cuz a few of you were asking me about hitting people as to hitting pads . so i was just letting you know that i have bin in real fights & i know the difference between hitting pads & hitting someone for real. when i do my WC training i sometime go to fast & hit with an open fist a mistake i am working on even after all these years. im not perfect ok. every day theirs room for improvment even if you bin doing it for 20 years.

2. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

BJJ's been around for hundreds of years? Probably about 99% of America had never heard of BJJ until the first UFC came out, and since you also claim no rank in it it sounds incredibly suspect. Add in that now you are also claiming to have trained in Muay Thai, which was also very difficult to find in the US around that time, and it makes for quite an unbelievable story. Who were your instructors in these?

If we can't establish your credibility, why would we take anything else you say or do as the truth?

I've seen guys with a lot less training not make that beginner mistake.

Let's face it, something stinks around here and you either need to provide proof, or admit you were untruthful in the past.

[​IMG]

3. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

Even though you class karate as "baby" i assume as rubbish? You do know that kickboxing in America was only formed around the 70s and all thats based on Karate yeah?

So even though you like these two guys Ramon Dekker & Benny Urquidez, Benny Urquidez is a karate man at heart yeah? Two easy fighters to pick to say "i loved these growing up" considering not many of the fights where show on tv (to my knowlage and i could be wrong)i doubt you would have seen much footage as a kid more so as at least 90% of Dekkers fights where in europe

As for Muay Thai I thought that was introduced (main stream) in America early / late 90s

(ill hold my hands up if im wrong fellow mappers)

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  4. MMAwarrior

MMAwarrior Banned Banned

Well im not sure what else to say about this i have learn bolth Muay Thai & BJJ from one of my uncles as a kid . i don't have a rank in BJJ cuz i don't train in this art or any other art for colored belts i just learn some effective submissions to survive on the ground. My uncle new of these arts back in his day cuz he to was into real fighting & wanted to know what worked in real fights he also went to Thailand when he got out of the army. so how am i lieing what am i lieing about. he learned & taught me . its not rocket sicence.

I don't have the vids of my fight anymore & i don't know any of those people any more it was years ago dude . for all i know half those guys are dead or in jail. we were breaking the law by fighting that way not something i proud of so let just drop that ok . these kinds of fights go on every day all over the world. theirs a group of guy down the street from me who set up shop at a wherehouse they rented out & they all get together a beat the hell out of each other every weekend. it happens every day just go on you tube their lots of these fight clubs. but they don't put out ads for it. cuz its breaking the law.& you will go to jail if your caught fighting like this.

As far as my WC mistakes well i have said i never had any real teachers in this art & sometimes i go to fast with my technique.Yes i have bin doing it since i was 12 but for the second time IM NOT PERFCT OR A MASTER KUNG FU FIGHTER. Just cuz i mess up or make mistakes that means im lieing HOW? how & what am i not being truthful about .

5. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Who is your uncle, where did he train and with whom? What belt did he achieve?

To make it fair I am a white belt I train under Brad Daddis a black belt at Daddis Fight Camps in Cherry Hill NJ. I've been training no-gi for the last year and just decided to up my training to include gi and get my belts. Check my sig for more information on where I train.

Now how about some facts and no more beating around the bush.

Mod's, is lying about your background a banable offense ?

:ban:

6. d0ugbug

From my experience of bare knuckle boxing, the "real" ones are the ones you don't know about, or see on youtube the next day. More often than not its in a real working garage with newspaper on the floor and a small group of men.

Once you step in you fight its not a case of saying I've had enough its not that easy.

If you want something to take away from it stop punching sloppy just for speed all your doing is building muscle memory and when the time counts all your going to do is punch someone with a open fist that does no one any favours.

7. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

What, with my incredible MMA record, BJJ Black Belt, Muay Thai championship at lightweight and 10 year record of big Champion of Underground Naked Tussles?

Mitch

8. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I let you win that fight*. :)

*The loser fought Frodo for third place. :happy::happy:

9. MMAwarrior

MMAwarrior Banned Banned

Well i won't give out my uncle personal info . but as far as his training . He trained with Bolth Benny Urquidez & Ramon Dekker. he did train Eruope with Dekker & in Thailand not sure were or with who . He also trained with the Gracies . This was all back in the 70's & 80's .

Not to sure about all of his MA training & backround or if he has any blackbelts in any art. i don't think he ever really believed in colored belts. I do know he did a little training with Bruce Lee in the 70's. But i never really asked him about it .But i know he has bin all over the world to learn MA hes not famous he has no gym he dose not teach anyone. As a kid i was getting into trouble & fights so he taught me how to fight . I have not talked to my uncle in a few years & as a kid he just showed me how to do some MA i never really new him well . He was always a private person . so thier not much i can tell you about him just the little bit that i know.

But in no way dose this mean im untruthful about my MA backround these days i train on my own i don't go to any gyms to train.

10. d0ugbug

No one is questioning your credentials Mitch

11. d0ugbug

Dekker was born 1969-70

12. MMAwarrior

MMAwarrior Banned Banned

Yes i know when Dekker was born .not sure when he met him i just know he did work with him in the late 80's. think Dekker was still very young when my uncle first met him. he did have a tape of him wotking out with him thats how i found out about Dekker as a kid.

13. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Speaking BJJ, which Gracie, where and when?

This is sounding more and more like BS.

Sorry Mitch you're right about the banning. It's well know that everyone who posts here has a blackbelt in something.

:)

14. d0ugbug

You said 70s-80s now its late 80s early 90s... So Gracies which Gracie or Gracies?

Where did he train with Bruce Lee in the 70s? Giving that he passed away in 73

15. Roses.mcguint66

Roses.mcguint66 New Member

WOW faster..... :)

16. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

TS, given that you've trained with so many well known martial artists have you any pictures of yourself with them at all?

17. MMAwarrior

MMAwarrior Banned Banned

I think my uncle Frank met Dekker in 1987 , I think Dekker was still in his teens. He met Bruce Lee in 1971. He Had a photo of them together. he met Heilo Gracie sometime in the late 70's not sure of the year. & later worked with Royce.

18. MMAwarrior

MMAwarrior Banned Banned

I do have a photo of me & Benny the Jet Urquidez. I also took one of his seminars in 2009 & friend of mine has the video of the class . i will try to get it from him & post it here.

19. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

MMAwarrior... wipe your mouth... there's a piece of crap still on it.

20. MMAwarrior

MMAwarrior Banned Banned

Whatever Im not here to argue anymore Believe me or not i don't care.