Famous Martial Art Quotes

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Macca, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Gotcha! :)

2. Liffguard

Liffguard Valued Member

Alright, this is a long one. And it's not specifically about MA but it is applicable. My all time favourite quote, Theodore Roosevelt's "man in the arena" speech.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)

3. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

Day after Day train your heart out, refining your technique:Use the One to strike Many! That is the discipline of the Warrior

Morihei Ueshiba

4. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Audere est facere.

To dare is to do.

5. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

"You want me to break my leg?" - Jean Claude Van Damme

:D

6. Hiroji

"Stop the fight" - Adrianne balboa

7. FistsMcgee

FistsMcgee New Member

"You shouldn't block with your face." -Travis Brickley, "Best of the Best"

8. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

"Drop him like a toilet seat tommy" Made me laugh for about 10 minutes.

9. angacam

angacam Mare Est Vita Mea

" 'One of them thought he was invincable, the other thought he could fly.'
    'What happened?'
    'They were both wrong.' "
    :D

10. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

" i don't smoke,don't drink and don't gamble,but thats as far as i go. i do chew gum. after all, many men smoke, but fu manchu." B.L

11. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

"pull my finger"-Me :p

12. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

"I am a fighter
    I will get hit
    I will hit back" My san shou coach

" You only need one ball to play your game" Yours truley to an old college freind and basketball player

" Don't tug on superman's cape, don't spit into the wind, don't pull the mask off the old lone ranger and don't mess around with Jim" Jim Croce

13. Taoquan

Taoquan Valued Member

"There are as many people that practice Tai Chi Chuan as there are hairs on an ox. There are as many Masters of Tai Chi Chuan as there are horns." -Chinese proverb

14. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Invest In Loss

15. yeeu kui

yeeu kui Valued Member

eh/

Please, no more awful BL quotes :D

16. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Good point. Lets get this back to real quotes please.

17. Hiroji

" Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action."
    Author Unknown

" Believe, when you are most unhappy, that there is something for you to do in the world. So long as you can sweeten another's pain, life is not in vain."
    Helen Keller

18. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

then don't read them if you don't like'em

19. angacam

angacam Mare Est Vita Mea

"It should be easy to spot a black belt in a crowd, s/he should walk like a Marine on roller skates" - Fredrick Lovret

20. seany85

seany85 Valued Member

"I see this with my students too. I always tell them, "don't worry, relax and just fight." Take this fighting spirit into your real life too so when you are in the ring, it's nothing special, no big deal. And the more you fight, the better and less scared you get. Don't worry. When you are in the ring, you're all by yourself. No one can help you. So, all you can do is fight. So fight! Don't back down. Like in life, no one is going to live your life. So, no one is going to fight your fight for you. Muaythai is not winning or being better than the other guy. It is learning to lose before winning and to give from your heart before receiving. In muaythai, you always win and lose. So, don't worry. (Smile)"

Coban Lookchaomaesaitong when asked about being nervous.