Facing weapons!!

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by johndoch, Jan 20, 2003.

1. grandmaster mat

grandmaster mat wataaaahhh!!

i train in tkd and i have done some weapon defenses, they will be very usefull when the time comes

2. r4bid

r4bid New Member

OMG lol!
    Yoda with skill like that you should have to wear a bright orange warning sign...

3. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Hey, for the MAP calander we should get a photo of Yoda in a straightjacket and trolley Hannibal Lector stylee, with a sign

'Do not feed!' ;)

4. Cain

Cain New Member

LOL! But I would put it as -

Argue with your own risk :D

|Cain|

5. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Hey guys

Just what is biset dalam?

6. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

ok i don't hav a good story, it's much about fight for a life by one of my class mate...
    well story starts with this guy who thinks he is a some sort of irressitibel(sp) hunk, n asked my freind who refused him but the thing he couldn't take it n start giving physical threat.
    well she's hard NUT, she whooped him rite there in front of his freinds, the effect was such that he was out of scene for around 20 days, cool... pretty heroic?? yup for 5 feet girl who weighs around 45 kg or less against huge guy for about 5 feet 8 inch n weighing about 65 someting...
    now as u might hav guess this guy is nut case so he came back again with a knife n started threatening her again, n told her that he hav knife with him n if she did any kungfu crap he'll stab her...
    ok anyways she did n got stabbed three times in abdomen
    one was millmeters close to heart, other was millimeters close to her appendicitis(sp) so she just almost escaped...
    she went back to her house walking about 200 m distance n collapsed there, she survived n got back into training in just 1.5 -2 months(???) Man i told u she's a NUT CASE...

frankly if there was anyone else in her place, he/she couldnt make 200 m back to his/her house...n would hav died... but this girl is .... i just hav lots of respect for her n after that incident i've started to worship her for her courage :)

-TkdWarrior-

7. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

I faced the most deadly of all attackers and survived!!!

A woman with a fruit bowl.

Ducked the bowl :) got caught by the plate as I stood up. :(

Lessons learned???

Never EVER, EVER say,

"It can't be that bad" to a woman with period pains"

Women can turn ANYTHING into a weapon of mass destruction

8. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

It's a term used for a rear inside sweep in some systems of Silat. In principle, it's like an Uchi Mata in Judo ... http://www.judoinfo.com/images/animations/blue/uchimata.htm

Though the entry in Silat is usually different from this animation and the flavor is very different ... it's the same basic principle.

Mike

9. johndoch

johndoch upurs

thanks Mike got a picture in my head now. just tryin to figure out how you would pull it off without the use of your hands. I guess timing and using your opponents momentum to roll him over your back would help.

Its not a technique I think u would plan for

10. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Yup. You got it right. Without the hands, it's all timing and the opponent's momentum.

Very tricky.

Mike

11. johndoch

johndoch upurs

or lucky LOL

12. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

LOL ... of course. Luck is always a good ally ... when you can afford the bribe ;)

Mike

13. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

I had a knife pulled on me outside a club. Funny thing was, when I pulled my knife he wasn't so brave.