Events for older competitors

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Ben Gash CLF, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

I've got a student who's coming up for 50 and was wondering if anyone knew of events (Light continuous or full contact) that have divisions for older fighters?

2. Sandy

Sandy Valued Member

Hi Ben,

I'd love to know the answer too. The upper age limit in UK Sanshou competitions is 40, even though some of us oldies can still hack it in training and sparring with competitive youngsters.

Maybe it's time to set up a Masters age group association ... ?

3. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Hmm in the UK I bet you could go after them for age discrimination and get either an entry or compensation ;' )

Funny I know guys in Judo that are in their 50's/60's and I know that I have played rugby against guys in their 60's.. I would not have even have thought that there was a reason to restrict entries.... weird

Wonder if they just figure strikers have soft heads by 40 or something heh heh..

powchoy

4. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Oh you might also look at Queensbury Fight League/Boxing League as some of their fights had older fighters if your student can box. You might want to PM Snoop on here as he fights in their promotions.

powchoy

5. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I know here in the states sometimes the 'masters' division starts at 30. Theres nothing for us old fogies....