Error message regarding changing volume controls

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by murphy81, Aug 29, 2006.

1. murphy81

murphy81 GM COMPUTER SERVICES

I am trying to change the volume in Sound/Audio devices, Audio, then Volume.
    When I do so, I get an error message "Windows cannot execute SndVol32.exe, use Add/Remove Programs control panel to install".

I try using my Windows XP SP2 CD, but when I try and locate the specific file, it tells me that it cannot copy it.

How can I get back the volume controls that I need to increase the volume of my speakers?

2. elektro

elektro Valued Member

Does it find it then refuse to copy it, or does it not find it at all?

Do a "find" with the whole CD - enter the file name in the find box, locate it, note down the location, then force it to this pathway when it's asking for it.

See how that goes.

3. murphy81

It finds it OK, but just tells me that it cannot copy it from its location.

Will try what you recommended today, will get back to you with the verdict :)

4. Durkhrod Chogori

Durkhrod Chogori Valued Member

5. murphy81

DC, I have tried that, but didnt seem to work. Have also tried doing a System Restore aswell, but didnt work.

Someone has sent me a 3 file attachment via email, with the SndVol32.exe file, and all I need to do is to copy it into the System32 folder, BUT, do I just copy all 3 attachments together into notepad, then copy that into system32?

Dont want to make things worse than they are... :rolleyes:

Thanks for that link though DC

6. murphy81

Its OK now, all sorted. I just copied and pasted each file into notepad, and then saved it, and copied it to system32 folder :)