Equipment review section?

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Unreal Combat, Sep 16, 2013.

1. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

+1 for the gear reviews section

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I've just got some new jab/hook mitts, so could add a review to build up the content.

3. raaeoh

raaeoh never tell me the odds

I buy tons of gear/kit. I have a personal team of 5 to buy for. I want to buy good but afordable in everything I can. I hope this forum is created. It will benefit all of us who are still active in MA

If said forum is created I will give an honest review of the cheap but so far good gloves I just purchased.
    The very expensive but inmho crap gloves my wife just got,
    And the odd feeling mitts I tried out.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  4. raaeoh

Not that I am an athority on any of this or anything.

5. TKDDragon

TKDDragon Valued Member

plus 1

I think the concept is good. Couple of suggestions
    Anyone can read
    Only members with 50 posts can submit or respond
    Turn the above example into a standard submission form
    Add rate if function to the review. One for staff and one for general readers

6. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Good idea. It'll cut down on spam and make it easier to read.

7. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

A year on. New overlords.

Is this still something we could introduce? I see very few negatives & many positives out of this. I've given a guideline review to follow and am happy to help out with any writeup etc if needs be.

No one is against the idea so why not make it happen?

8. raaeoh

Since I am constantly purchasing gear for my home team and now 20 plus members of a sparring team. I honestly would like to see this happen.

I have a top national brand that the sizes run small. A local supplier brand that is top notch for point sparring, but not so much for boxing, but have awesome shin guards. Kids gear is better than adult gear and the reasons why

I prefer to know whT the people who actually use the equipment think.

Here is my opinion on some rules
    No one under 100 posts can submit.

All reviews are to be subject to the apointed mods aproval. Unless/until proven not to be a spammer

There should also be a posture and negative for each review along with where product was purchased from.

9. Unreal Combat

So pretty much positive views on this, a year and a half on but still no real traction.

We have a thread going which also shows interest in people sharing views on stuff lke this. Having a section going can promote individual discussion about equipment also without a user having to trawl through a thread to find info about one item.

Dead_pool likes this.
  10. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I think we'll be having a look at simplifying MAP's forum structure soon, once the last few issues are ironed out.

Part of that simplification could include adding a review section.

Keep reminding us :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  11. Unreal Combat

I will. It simply requires adding a forum discussion section. It shouldn't require additional coding or anything (unless you individually code each forum board in). :)

12. I want to jump in this in 2020 but may be my experience with other forums help out.
    Let me tell straight away that I am a supplier working with a company which offers Great martial art products at great prices. Now few months back we contacted some forums. The forum owner / moderator asked to send them some samples / supplies of Karate Uniform. After they received they found it very valuable and shared a review which helped members and obviously us as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2020