Episode IX

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Travess, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Plot twist...... FB_IMG_1555278173198.jpg

2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Dead_pool likes this.
  3. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Likewise.
    Solo was genuinely good, but before that, we have to go back to (1) the pod race if we can isolate it all by itself as a movie short, and (2) Empire Strikes Back.

Okay, as a child I like the whole of Return of the Jedi, but as an adult, I only like parts.

No, Rogue One was not a good movie. We disagree on that.

4. aikiMac

I hate you now.

;)
    Seriously, that was mean of you! There's a special room in hell waiting for whoever made that image!

Dead_pool likes this.
  5. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

The actor is trolling in that article. Either that or he is suffering dementia. I don't believe it for a second.

The Jar Jar character almost completely ruined the entire franchise. I blocked him out of my memory until you brought him up.

LoL- I can't remember if I mentioned this on here before. Hopefully I didn't.

But I was 12 when the first movie came out. I remember very vividly when I saw the first commercial. I was playing chess with my sister in front of the TV. We watched the commercial and I said something to her like "if ever there was a movie that will flop, that is it."

Thus endeth any hopes of me having a career as a movie critic. :p

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Monkey_Magic, axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  6. Archibald

Archibald A little koala

It might not have flopped commericially, but it didn't critically...that's for to count for something, right?

7. aikiMac

I saw the recent Star Wars recently and ... I actually liked it enough to go watch it a second time.
    (Wait, what?)
    "Solo" was pretty cool, but otherwise, I've not been a fan of the new stuff. This final movie is the exception. It doesn't deserve an Oscar for scriptwriting or acting, by no means, but someone finally went back to school and learned how to tell a story, and everything worked. It very much felt like the originals, and I don't mean just because of the countless nods and references. It was a cool story, just like the originals.
    Bravo.

axelb and Grond like this.