Epic Troll Thread.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ero-Sennin, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Somebody is on somebody's bad side. And that somebody is somebody whose bad side you don't want to be on :Alien:

2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Nah, I don't have a bad side :D

You know the drill though ES, you've been around here long enough. We all post stuff that's a little edgy sometimes, something that the Mods scratch their heads over and decide to maybe let go or maybe just have a quiet word over. I think I've had one of those quiet word PMs, it's just a friendly nudge to chill a bit, like my post earlier in the thread.

But there's a difference between that and posting something that you know breaks ToS in the most clear cut way possible. MAP is clear on the subject of bad language, and though there may be discussions around the margins of what's acceptable, repeatedly dropping the f-bomb in a video which uses it in the title is about as clear cut a violation of ToS as you can get.

I'm not here to have a go at people I've never met for opinions they express from the other side of a computer screen. I've got two kids dude, guess where my energies are invested? :D That's real life for me. I'd happily sit down for a beer with JRG if I ever get over to the States.

But MAP has a pretty obvious set of rules to work to, which are part of why it is what it is, and I like what it is. As a Mod all I have to do is decide if stuff breaks ToS, and as I said, that video was about as clear cut as it gets.

Relax all :)

Mitch

3. Ero-Sennin

Now I want to see the video darn it. I know you guys have to keep a certain standard and as I've said in other threads I think you guys do a great job at it and "iffy" moments (which I'm assuming this isn't one of) I might object to aren't even worth mentioning due to the amount of decency and appropriateness that is the general standard. I just wanted to make fun of Mr. Gambit ;D.

4. Ero-Sennin

One day you're living out your mundane life, boxing and going to work landscaping. The next a buddy calls up and tells you a ship security company is looking for people and the allure of inconsistent, but very high paying work looms above you.

5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Do you have a wife or kids? I not, go do it! At 34 or 44 those things may stop you. Make a reasonable risk assessment first, of course.

Mitch

6. Ero-Sennin

The wife was a little more keen on it when I said "your student loan could get paid off in a year or two." The whole job sounded kind of boring when it was describe to me, as the guys I know working for the company simply walk out on deck with their rifles and any possible piracy wants no part of it. Not saying I want to get into a job where the likelihood of me getting shot at everyday is something I'm thirsting to be a part of, but neither is sitting on a ship for a month with nothing at all going on : P. But then there is the money.

7. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-7vT4GSodk"]Pirates Vs. Ninjas - YouTube[/ame]

8. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

Money for old rope beats danger money. And the time spent sitting on the ship could be spent working on whatever you want to work on, if there's something you'd like to train towards, you could study, although a boxing gym might be hard to come by...

9. Ero-Sennin

Warriorofanart does not approve of name changes.

10. Ero-Sennin

From 6:25, holy crap that's audacious!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R4NY0TzVzQ&feature=related"]ANONYMOUS: Message to the US Armed Forces - YouTube[/ame]

11. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

You may have misunderstood my intention there. I was making a joke referencing an earlier joke I had made in this thread about "not knowing where the line was anymore." That was all. I wasn't trying to object to your decision to edit that post. You were absolutely correct to edit it. I apologize for making unnecessary work for you Mitch.

I kinda hadn't listened to the song in a long time when I posted that and somehow thought spoiler tags may be sufficient in my lack of judgement there. I gave serious consideration to deleting it once I posted it, got distracted, moved on, and should have remained cognizant that my twinge of "doubt" was probably a fairly obvious sign I was doing something impulsive and dumb for the sake of comedy. So, as lame as that all is, I apologize. It's not your job to babysit me.

12. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

Indeed Ero, or should I say...SPARKLE!?

13. warriorofanart

How about you go to college to spice up that mundane life a bit? I am sure the wife is happy about the debts begin paid, but months long time at sea might change her mind. The last thing you want is coming home to an angry SO. :)

14. Ero-Sennin

Hey, I'm not the one against name changes. Plus I was locked out. And I rather like Ero-Sennin, it describes my personality a lot more direct, being a pervert and all.

15. Ero-Sennin

All I thought when I saw this was, "What kind of weird sexual/romantic fantasies goes on in Haru's head during her bike rides?"

16. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

Well I couldn't find a humourous Pirates vs Navy clip, it was all shoot shoot shoot, chase chase chase, dead dead dead. Ultraviolence, Role Play, what's not to like? I'll ask for more punishment at the next rooftop meeting ;)

17. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

Ero, I recommend making REALLY sure you've discussed the whole boat security subject exhaustively with her and that you're both on exactly the same page before you decide to ship out. She sacrificed a lot of herself emotionally while you were overseas already I'm sure, and long-distance is very damaging on marriages. Don't let her BS you about pretending to be okay with it if she really isn't only to have it cause an emotional divide between you guys while you're still in the whole "learning to be a civilian again" mode.

Also, it's absurd that we discuss this sorta thing in the troll thread, but my inbox is almost full and I have to leave and have no time to sort that out before I do.

18. Ero-Sennin

Meh, my whole life is one gigantic troll. It's entirely appropriate ; D.

19. Ero-Sennin

My wife just left the apartment carrying one of our refrigerator drawers filled with water and went to the elevator. We live on the fifth floor. What in the world is going on . . . . . .

20. warriorofanart

...and you never bothered to ask her why? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.