Enamait's "Underground Guide to Warrior Fitness" - review

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by RazorKaine, Dec 21, 2004.

1. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

less leverage = better workout
    Need I say more?

2. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Not really.

Welsh Warrior - I believe that more difficult bodyweight exercises are far more beneficial to your strength training than doing high reps of easier bodyweight exercises. I don't "loathe self-resistance" if by self-resistance you mean bodyweight calisthenics. If you mean resisting a movement as in "dynamic tension", then I think it's pretty much useless. Nobody ever got strong doing that.

3. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

I have to agree that thousands of pushups a day is monotonous, and really boring after a while. But that's why there's all sorts of fun little variations of each bodyweight exercise. Just gotta get creative, as Ross himself told me.:D

4. charovnik

charovnik New Member

I have just one question about the book: has anyone tried his routines and were you satisfied with results?

5. Ad McG

Yes and yes.

6. soobakdo_chica

soobakdo_chica New Member

Warrior in Training

I have a few questions about this book. First of all, do you think that a relative beginner (2 months in MA training) would benefit from this book? I have lifted weights and done cardiovascular exercise for years though, so I am not a total creampuff...just in MA. :rolleyes:

Secondly, do you think this book could be used by women? I am not looking to be a "she-man" or anything near that. However, I am looking for a good guide to help me condition myself for MA.

Thanks!

7. Ad McG

Yes and yes.

Am I repeating myself? :D

8. ballast

ballast New Member

I have all of Ross' books and they are all equally well done and highly informative.The guy puts a lot into his material and has the best customer service I have ever experienced.

9. CX Imran

CX Imran Valued Member

After reading the posts in this thread, I decided to give this a try (I had about 35 bucks in my paypal account left over from a transaction), Ross emailed me when I ordered and I asked him a question, no less than ten minutes later he replied to my question with the exact answer I was looking for. This guy really knows how to treat his customers - if only everyone was this good.

10. Ad McG

If you email him again, tell him you heard about the book on MAP :D

11. Bob1770

Bob1770 Valued Member

I also just got my copy, and I believe that everyone could benefit from it. You need absolutely no equipment to do the excersizes. His books are not going to make you a pumped up massive monster, but instead give you the tools you need to gain both "functional" strength and endurance, which is exactly what every martial artist needs. The man has an excellent outlook on fitness, and I must also repeat, his customer service is TOP NOTCH! The book is made very well, the material is excellent, even the first 22 pages before he even introduces you to any excersizes is worth reading time and time again. Not only does he respond very quickly and personally to all e-mail, he offered me quite a bit of advice before I purchased his book. Tell him your goals and situation, and he will help you choose which of his books is best for you. Mr. Enamait also personally responds in his forums.

12. Ad McG

I got a copy of Ultimate training for the Ultimate Warrior - great book, if not better than the underground guide. It is heavily based on sandbag work and stuff you can do at home like using wheelbarrows, tyres etc.

13. RazorKaine

RazorKaine Valued Member

It seems fair to me to post some results after 3 months of using the books.

I'm 5'7". I was 175 lbs when I started, now I'm 160 lbs of muscles.
    I see a six pack, at 30 years old, and I NEVER was able to get the 6p at the sight of the sun before. It's the first time in my life!

Last week in the SAME day two persons told me that I lost a lot of weight and that I look leaner and defined.

I bought The Ultimate Guide to Ultimate Warrior a few time after buying UGWF, because I am enthusiast of Ross' work, and it's also a 10/10 book in my opinion.
    I suggest ANYONE that needs to get in shape, or become stronger like a steel wire and kick the crap out of opponents that only lift weights, to get both UGWF and UGUW.

Undeground Guide is optimal for newbies, too. Just don't rush the workouts and ask Ross' advices. Be forewarned that the workouts are hard AND EFFECTIVE. No pink dumbells or steppers, pretending they are useful. No TONING here, just sweating his own ass and seeing own body become better. Newbies: if you want to lose weight and get in shape, this is the book for you. And for women, too. They will become strong and lean, without bulking or becoming awful gimmicks like women bodybuilders. But be warned, husbands, that they will kick your ass when you'll ****'em off! ;)
    This is THE BOOK you need on fitness, at all levels.

Ultimate Guide to Ultimate Warrior is exceptional, too. BUT it's more for fighters, boxers, MMAers, since it uses some strange hardware. It could be a little more difficult to practice it: not everyone can swing a sledgehammer into a TIR tire every day... BUT if you manage to follow Ross' advices in this book, after having used UGWF for some time, you'll be able to trash any opponent that will be in front of you. Doing workouts with sandbag is hard as hell, it will put to exhaustion EVERY muscle of your body. Then I think you could easily grab your opponent and power-bomb him on the ground

Final word.
    If you're a average Joe/Jenny that needs to get in shape, grow stronger and leaner, or a MArtist that needs to integrate his lessons with phisical training to become the best in its own dojo, order Underground Guide to Warrior Fitness immediately, start reading it, and the same afternoon start practicing it. Follow it for a couple of months, then come back here and report the brilliant results.
    Then after finished the first book, or you are a good Martial Artist, trying to become a pro, with already impressive phisical mass, and you want to become the best in tournaments and kick the crap out of any martial artist that will come in front of you, get Ultimate Guide to Ultimate Warrior. In definitive order them both, now. They WORKS, and the author will help you in every way he can.
    UGWF 10/10
    UGUW 9,5/10
    www.warriorforce.com is the place to go.

14. LapuLapu

LapuLapu New Member

After reading and researching for a while on Ross' books, I have never found anyone who felt or said something negative about his work. All I read are prasies. So, finally I've decided to get UGWF. My question is: Is the sandbag workout included in the book or is it exclusive to UTUW? I can only afford one copy at the moment? :)

15. CX Imran

CX Imran Valued Member

The sandbag workouts are in UTUW, as UGWF is devoted to bodyweight only excercises

16. RazorKaine

RazorKaine Valued Member

Don't worry, Underground Guide is all you need to start with, for now. If I can remembre right, there are instructions on how to build a sandbag, so it is possible there are some workouts. I don't think so, and I don't have the book near me. But before worrying of a sandbag, manage to survive all UGWF workouts! :rolleyes:
    And after few time, you will feel the urge to get UGUT.
    Now I'm willing to get a third book, the one about boxing, since I'm thinking of joining a boxing club.

17. LapuLapu

LapuLapu New Member

Thanks RazorKaine. Your posts are some of the reasons that I'm now a big Ross Enamait fan. :)

18. Bob1770

Bob1770 Valued Member

I must admit that I was skepticle after seeing the title. This is definately the ONE case where never judging a book by its cover comes into play. Top notch! This man will be famous someday, at least in the minds of those willing to work hard to acheive their goals!

19. Jester

Jester I elbow, therefore I am.

After reading all the reviews here and checking out the site I ordered mine today. Hopefully I'll be getting it soon.

Jester.

20. CX Imran

CX Imran Valued Member

Just work it out.