Enamait's "Underground Guide to Warrior Fitness" - review

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by RazorKaine, Dec 21, 2004.

1. RazorKaine

RazorKaine Valued Member

Disclaimer: I am not tied to the author in no way, and I don't have any kind of interest (economic, etc.) in the products by the author. All I say is my own opinions on the book based on my experience.

Today I got Ross Enamait's book "Underground Guide to Warrior Fitness", so I'd like to post some impressions since many people here often ask for good fitness books.
    GET THIS BOOK.
    This is the definitive guide to fitness fot the martial artist.

Production: The book (it's a new edition) comes in a A4 (or letter for the US friends) format, with a spiral bound. The cover is in cardstock and the back is a thick cardstock (black). The cover is covered by a plastic film. The inside pictures (photos) are of very good quality and clear. Even if the book is self produced it is a LOT better than a "official" book I recently purchased from Amazon.com (I will not say the title). Overall impression is very good: I was expecting a very "homemade" product, instead it's vell done. Actually the spiral bound is very comfortable and makes reading a lot easier without fear of cracking the spine of the book.

Content: Oh my God. The book is plenty of photos, advices, routines, nutrition. All you need to work is in there. In the website of the author you can read the table of contents, but let me say there is way more than expected in the book. If you liked the Scrapper's workouts like I did, you will find this book a bible. There are strange and uncommon excercies but I can actually feel the pain just READING about them!
    What I liked: almost all of the book, both the excercises and the writing. Many of the author's wiews are the same of mine (i.e. when he says that you don't need to do 3456 abs every day to make a good 6 pack).
    What I didn't like: this is subjective, but as an European I didn't like the continuos motivating words (i.e. "if you want you can achieve all you want") but I understand that is a common way of thinking in the USA where motivation is very important... but again this is purely subjective and many people will like the strenght and motivation that Enamait's words bring on you.

Final word: if you're looking for a bodyweight manual that gets straight to the point and is very effective, order "Underground Guide to Warrior Fitness" now. It will be the best $ you spent on fitness.
    I'd like to point out that the author is a very kind guy that promptly replies to emails with all kind of advices: best customer support I ever saw.
    Final vote: 9,5/10

All of this, IMHO.

2. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Nice review for a great book. I did one of the full body workouts yesterday. My ass is killing me today :cry: I also had to lie down for a few minutes afterwards, I couldn't even finish it. It is one of the best books in my rather large library.

3. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

Excellent review. I agree with you! The best part is you can't quite out grow it, unless you just have NO imagination at all.:)

4. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

OK, I'm sold. I'm buying it.

5. RazorKaine

RazorKaine Valued Member

Good, let us know what do you think of it, if you agree, etc.
    It is one of the few times that praises on the author's website are true. Really when reading it I couldn't put it down, I burned my diner because I was into the reading.
    Yesterday evening I re-read the book, focusing on the workouts, and I was eager to log in here and add many many compliments. I'm enthusiast, and I'll try one of the total body workout, too (with less repetitions!!!).

6. laruz114

laruz114 New Member

I got it too (the online version) and I think it's great. I'll just post my rating here too.
    Production: I got the online version so I can't say anything about that but the photos in the file all look clear and good. I printed it too and everything was perfect.
    Content: This book has pretty much almost everything a fighter could ever need. Exercises, what you should eat, stretching, balance, routines, etc. everything is covered.
    What I liked: I liked this guy's attitude. Especially that part in the intro about how people are always taught that being second place is okay and it's okay if you lose as long as you try and how he thinks that is all bs. I couldn't agree with him more.
    What I didn't like: I can't think of one thing.
    Final word: Buy this if you have any interest in learning about nutrition, gaining strength without lifting, drills/routines any fighter would want to know, etc. And like Razor said Ross has the best costumer service. I e-mailed him like 5 times or so with questions about the book and he answered it all in the same day, sometimes in less than an hour or two. If you want a great book with no bs and are willing to work very very hard to go for whatever goal you have get this book.
    Final vote: 10/10

7. rigsville

rigsville Shukokai Karate

Can anyone recommend a UK supplier of this book?

I've checked Amazon, my preferred option as MAP will get a few £ associate fee and the books not listed.

From what I can see if only available from the authors website in the US?

8. Trae

Trae Valued Member

Can you guys post up some exercises from one or two sections? Core and legs for instance.

Just curious what kind of info it provides.

-d

9. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Just bought it online now on the strength of the reviews and comments here...just the thing for shifting those couple of pounds that ALWAYS seem to creep up on me at christmas time!

10. RazorKaine

RazorKaine Valued Member

No, you can but only on the author's website. I must say that there's a paypal secure server payment, and that Ross ships the book almost immediately.

11. RazorKaine

RazorKaine Valued Member

Sorry but I don't think it's correct to the author to post some copyrighted material. No secrets, anyway. You can find something similar in www.trainforstrenght.com: squats, burpees, etc. The book in its whole is great.

12. Knight_Errant

There's some material on his website to give you a general idea;
    http://www.warriorforce.com/articles.html
    I have to say, from what is on his site, I like what I see. There are no gimmicks or magic bullets here- just incredibly hard workouts that you stick with. Excellent. More, more, more!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2004
  13. RazorKaine

RazorKaine Valued Member

So some days ago I tried the first TotalBody workout (page 196). It was hard, and I didn't manage to do it properly.
    I emailed Ross Enamait asking for advices, telling him my needs.
    He replied adapting the workout for me, adding this, taking out that...
    Yesterday I tried the adapted workout... and IT WAS GREAT. I managed to do it and when finished I was exhaust but happy.
    Today my muscles hurt like they didn't since months.
    My girlfriend said my lats are HUGE.

Now my vote goes from 9.5 to 10.

14. Stuart H

Stuart H On the Mandarin bandwagon

I thought you weren't big on BW conditioning.

15. Trae

Trae Valued Member

I believe an excerpt is covered under the "fair use" concept :). But you're making a hard sale with your posts :D

16. Knight_Errant

Ross also replies to every email he gets. Very cool guy.

17. RazorKaine

RazorKaine Valued Member

I know, and I'm sorry, but in the inside cover there's a very clear copyright notice, not even photocopies should be made... so I don't want to **** the author off or meet legal problems.
    So far, trust me, it's the best I found in the web and in library. I'd like to remember that I'm a customer like all the others, I'm no friend/relative/colleague of the author.

18. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Where did I ever say that? I've made quite a lot of posts about BW stuff actually, but I prefer harder ones like pistols and hand stand press ups to doing 100000 press ups and sit ups a day, that's all.

19. Stuart H

Stuart H On the Mandarin bandwagon

So you just loathe self-resistance?

20. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

I ordered a copy today (as a Christmas present from myself to me :D).

I received an email from Ross saying:

Hello Michael,

Thank you for choosing Warrior Force for your training needs. I will ship
    your book tomorrow morning. Most packages arrive overseas within 4-7 days.

Upon reading through the book, I encourage you to pass along any questions
    regarding the exercises or nutritional info contained within. I am here
    to help so let me know what I can do.

Good luck, train hard, and keep in touch!

Best regards,

Ross Enamait
    WarriorForce.com
    RossBoxing.com

Excellent customer service. Stay in touch? Pass along any questions? WOW. :D:D:D