empty hand

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by blanker, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

Hi Musashi2112, I'm sorry that what you have read has left you feeling like you said in your post. I do hope that you will look into FMA's just a little bit further as there are many other branches that are open to you to check out. If you want a blade based system then I would suggest looking at the Sayoc kali group as from what I've seen on the net and video they are primarily a knife/blade style of fma. I'm sure others with more knowledge than I will chip in with further suggestions.
    I do hope that you look further into fma as it has so much to offer, and I must appologise for any posts that I have made that may have contributed to your current feelings about fma's and hope that you will at least give them one last chance.

2. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

Hi Musashi2112

Are you actually Keith or Damien? It is no secret that I do not like the use of pseudonyms because it is too easy to hide behind them.

I am not familiar with your 'agenda' or 'personal interests' but I am sure that Damien would not mind if I comment that he has made a personal apology to myself and members of the British Council via email. Granted this thread has not been a shining example, BUT things used to be far worse than this. At least many of us ARE trying to unite the FMA and work beyond politics. Just a pity that some people try to screw things up, because we give our time and efforts freely.

Musashi2112, I am also a little surprised by your reference to your position of working for the Government. I am assuming (not good to assume, I know) that you refer to the US Government. Would I be correct to also assume that you could possibly be sued for abuse of your position or resources made available to you? Especially as you are openly (albeit from behind a pseudonmym) broadcasting your use / abuse of these resources.

MODERATORS...I think that this thread has expired all usefulness. I did try to get back to the empty-hand aspect, but it seems that some people are unable to refrain from returning to politics.

Gumagalang

Peter

3. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

For crying out loud, Musashi. There was a clear request to leave the politics out of it. What needs to be said has been said.

Peter's absolutely right. This thing needs to die.

4. Peter Lewis

Well said Stuart!

5. Janno

Janno Valued Member

*** You were already asked not to post personal information about Damien TWICE. ***

The Bear.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2009
  6. Peter Lewis

LOL Wake up Mods

7. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

*Sigh*

OK clearly people aren't going to let this one lie so thread locked pending discussion on any further action.

I will say this just in case it hasn't already been made clear.

MAP is not here as political battle ground, anyone wishing to sling mud at each other because they aren't able to separate the style from the politics and personal relationships can do so off of MAP.

Anyone ignoring that request will face temporary or permanent bans. It stops here, last warning.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  8. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Just so you know that the mods are people of their word, Musashi just went on a temp ban.

No politics means no politics.

9. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Update :
    Through his disagreement with my moderating decisions Pat O'Malley has decided not to post on MAP. I would appreciate that no more personal information about Pat be posted as he is unable to repsond.
    This is what happens when politics becomes more important than the art. I hope that from now on everyone will talk about the art rather than propagating external beefs.

The Bear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.