Elite Tae Kwon Do & Math Academy

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Omicron, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Omicron

Omicron is around.

...where you can learn martial arts and math, in the same place! Wait, what?!

[​IMG]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTnEbShiSJE"]YouTube- FACILITY TOUR[/ame]

2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Wha?

Mitch

3. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

You know, part of me had the "whu?!" reaction as well. But another part of me guesses that I wouldn't suck quite so aggressively at math if it had been coupled with something I thought was cool as a young'un.

4. Ace of Clubs

Ace of Clubs Banned Banned

Just wait until I open Super Elite Karate & Classic Literature Academy.

5. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Meh. I've already got a degree in both.

6. illegalusername

illegalusername Second Angriest Mapper

Wrasslin' and Chemistry?
    Kung-physics!

7. Toki_Nakayama

Toki_Nakayama Valued Member

i wish i had that kind of school when i was a kid training.....i sucked at math lol.

8. pqs

pqs Valued Member

I don't think it is a bad idea, if you have a MA teacher who can also teach maths the kids might think maths is cool and put more effort in to study/train :)
    Regards
    Peter

9. Kobudo-man

Kobudo-man Valued Member

I don't think some of you guys are giving this quite the credit it deserves. Math is an integral part to tae kwon do. Johnny just hit you with a body kick, followed by a head kick, and then a punch. How many points has Johnny scored?

The answer is 5. 2 for the body 3 for the head and nothing for the punch cause punches never score. Silly Johnny ;)

10. Liam Cullen

Liam Cullen Valued Member

Well if your dojang is basically going to be a kiddie day care centre they might as well do their homework there too.

11. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I guess I'm the only one to think typical? Asian parents are heavy in pushing their kids in maths. Here in Hong Kong it's pretty much maths at the expense of everything else. So why would TKD maths be a surprise?

Then again who knows.. lol... it might be a western run gym.

edit:
    Ok it appears it is a western run gym. lol... I was dead wrong. Who knows they will probably make a killing! They do really really need to get rid of that that crap guitar soundtrack though. The gym space looks really good though. Man I salivate at gyms this size - here in HK gyms are crap for size. I'm envious.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  12. liero

liero Valued Member

Believe it or not, thats the same Elite Taekwondo where steven lopez trains.

Jean Lopez:

Now kids, steven has 5 world championships gold medals and 2 olympic medals, and one bronze medals.

intenationally he's had 72 registered fights, fighter won 66 out of them. whats that a victory rate of?

Johny: 91.7%

Jean Lopez: very good johny you can go and train now!

Now hes given 182 hitpoints and distributed and 54 collected during fights.

how many points is steven ahead by?

Sam: 16?

Jean Lopez: sorry sam, thats wrong. You know what that means!

(one of the lopez's K.O.'s poor sam in seconds)

- Elite Taekwondo & Math Academy,

failure is unnaccebtable!