elite rings?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by GhostOfYourMind, Jan 16, 2006.

1. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

Since it is my b-day today, I got money, am getting my job back after taking a leave for surgery. Since I now have moolah, I was thinking about getting some gymnastics rings to supplement my workouts, and just to have some fun. So has anyone had any experience with the power rings from ringtraining.com? They have a new plastic type coming out, but just in general, what is your experiences with them as a company, and with their previous metal power rings? Thanks guys. Also, what can these things be hung on, just anything like a tree or back porch aluminum beam? Thanks in advance.

2. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

I don't think you will find many people that have them as the elite rings have only just come out. They are reportedly better in every respect and they are discontinuing there last ones so they must be good. If i had somewhere i could hang them and use them to there full potential then I would get some. They can be hung on practically everything but depending on what movements you are doing depends on the head clearence you have from where you hang them- last thing you want to do is bang your sweed on a chin bar while you are doing a muscle up. :eek:

3. Combatant

Oh, I nealy forgot;

!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATE!!!! :D

4. GhostOfYourMind

Hmmmm....yes. Good point about the banging of various body parts if there's not enough room. Well, we'll see if my parents lemme order them tomorrow...lol!

5. GhostOfYourMind

LOL! Thanks Combatant. Still not of age to drink yet though... :Angel: :rolleyes: :D

6. Combatant

Your time will come my friend, your time will come.
    .....closely followed by a beer belly like the rest of us. :D

Where are you planning on hanging the rings anyway?

7. GhostOfYourMind

Probably the back porch, on a big aluminum beam. There's no screen anymore because it all blew out from hurricane wilma (I'm in Florida, and got pretty much a direct hit from that sucker) so it'll loop around the beam. It should be strong enough, seeing as how my dad could hop on it (240 lbs.).:D

Last edited: Jan 16, 2006
  8. GhostOfYourMind

Yeah, this idea got shot down by the parents. O well... I'll just spend it on RC Car parts....(my money pit). That, and I can get some more plates. That couldn't possibly hurt to have more weight.:D

9. Combatant

I learnt the lesson early on to buy it before you ask. :D

10. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

yip, and ';lose' the receipts! :D I'm still doing that one on the Mrs :p

11. GhostOfYourMind

HA! Does that mean ya'll wanna lend me either of your credit card numbers?:D;) O well. Like I said....more plates!

12. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

I'll do one better, and send you the bills :D

13. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

Speak for yourself :p

Happy B-Day Ghost!!!

Let us know how you get along with your rings.

14. flaming

flaming Valued Member

http://www.drillsandskills.com/skills/Rings/

I didnt know so much could be done on rings. I feel i could only make use of them once i can do a muscle up. I find it hard to believe how a muscle up isn't even credited with any points.

15. GhostOfYourMind

Thanks. Unfortuneately, mom and dad won't let me order rings. According to them, we have no room.:( And our screen porch will be fixed in a few months, so there goes that option. DOH! I need to start looking for a real gymnastics gym I suppose. Or make my own rings/tower combo...:D