Elbow....

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Ranzan, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Ranzan

Ranzan Valued Member

Well doing some wrestling/grappling at the gym with a partner who is not the brightest brick in the box has given me a problem. When doing some rear mount work the dumba** hammerfisted my elbow in as hard as he could, I heard a nice snap crackle (I returned the favor with a stiff "accidental" rolling elbow to the nose) I tigerbalm the crap out of it and iced it last night but it has been really buggin me today. It feels really stiff, and bringing it up into like a bicep flex or tricep stretch cause a lot of discomfort. Any suggestions ? Should I just stick with the ice and heat?

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I feel the pain. I once had an arm bar put on at full speed during a demonstration and the noise was horrible. I just hope your injury heals quicker than mine did.

3. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

It's a hyper extension. For safety reasons, when you snatch a post out from under somebody, you should always snatch at the wrist because snatching at the elbow can easily hyperextend someone's elbow. Because i straighten my arm too much on my straights, mine stays a little injured, so I went and looked up treatments. The only thing listed is rest, ice, compression.

Regards,
    John