Edged Weapon attacks

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by alister, Nov 14, 2006.

1. alister

alister Huh?

Stats wanted

I'm trying to compile some statistics to put UK attacks and fatalities into context.

Does anyone have any figures on this? I have the stuff below, but I'm looking for something like "in cases where an edged weapon was used in an assault X% resulted in death" - i'm intersted in the liklihood of serious injury or death if confronted in this way. Sources would be good too.

This is what I do have:

In 2004-5, 236 people were killed with sharp instruments, an increase of two from the previous year, and seven less than in 1995.

The police report that nearly 3,000 people were victims of some form of knife crime last year, though many of these incidents were robberies or threats that did not result in any injury.

Police statistics show that young men aged 16 to 24 are consistently the most at risk from violent attack. Victims of knife crime are also predominantly poor.

I'm also intersted to know, in attempted rape cases, what is the deterrent effect of fighting back over submission? ie. "in cases where the victim fought back X% resulted in the attack being aborted".

Cheers

Last edited: Nov 14, 2006
  2. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

Why not stick with the police reports or ask for further stats?

They'd be the ones with the best info.

3. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

May i ask why your doing this ? ??