E3 2008

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Tatsumaru, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

Well here it is, E3 2008, and already there have been a couple of fairly big announcements. The main one that caught my eye was FFXIII coming to the 360, which means it is no longer a PS3 exclusive. I guess bad news for sony, but great news for me as a massive fan of the series (although i didn't find XII to be as good as some of the others).

Any other announcements that people find interesting, feel free to post them in here :cool:

2. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I came right here to make this announcement only to be beaten to the punch. Have to say a huge LOL in the direction of PS3 fanboys, all they've got to talk about now is MGS4 and GT5. What a crazy decision by Sony to let FF slip through their fingers, absolute madness. 360 was winning the war anyway but letting on of your biggest franchises onto other consoles... who the hell is running their games department?!? Do they want the PS3 to be behind the Wii and 360? I just can't fathom it. Either way it's good news for me as I get more sweet games for my 360 and I have more of a case to persuade friends to buy them too :D

There's gotta be something big like a Zelda trailer coming up but no news yet...

3. Wadey

Wadey Valued Member

That is fantastic news!! FF was the only reason I was considering getting a PS3 and now I don't have to bother!!

The only thing I'm waiting to hear now is that Xbox Live will now be free (but I think I'm dreaming on that one)

4. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

Resident Evil 5 to have online co-op.....*drool*:cool:

5. Topher

Topher allo!

Apparently Microsoft have ripped off Nintendo's Miis

6. Ad McG

They have apparently, they're changing the dashboard quite a lot and are included avatars not exactly dis-similar to the Miis. Both Sony and Microsoft, as predicted many moons ago by yours truly, are now following in the footsteps of Nintendo and trying to get into the more family side of gaming that the big N truly pioneered. It's obvious from this generation that the company that gets the best mix of next-gen gaming and family appeal will win the next generation in the console wars.

7. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

Microsoft have also stolen PS3's idea of Home, which i have to say i was never really that interested by but who knows, it might end up being good.

As i understand it it just seems to be an elaborate menu system for the console where your avatar acts as the cursor and you launch games, or chat, or videos or whatever by taking your 'mii' around a virtual environment. It also allows you to meet up and chat "face to face" with your friends miis and do a few other things. Maybe i have the wrong idea of it though because to me it seems a bit of a waste of time :confused:

Oh and there is also a massive dashboard update in general planned, which should be interesting.

8. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

9. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Gears of War 2 looks brilliant from that trailer. Think a 360 may be in order for me sometime in the future :D

10. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

11. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

mirrors edge looked very cool but i think the final result will be very dependant on how good the control scheme is, seems like the sort of thing that could easily be messed up by awkward controls.

12. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

nintendos conference was disappointing, there was pretty much nothing exciting announced for the near future that i could see.

13. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

They're still rubbing their hands in glee over Wii fit. Very good product.

14. Ad McG

There doesn't appear to be much. There is a new gizmo though that plugs into the bottom of the Wiimote and gives much more precise movements ie. 1:1 movements on screen compared to movement of the Wiimote. This means golf swings, light saber slashes etc. will all have exact move replication on-screen.

15. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Im glad I can install games on the 360 that stops my main complaint with it, the noisy dvd drive.

16. Ad McG

Shame I've only got a damn 20 gig HD with about 9 gig left. Good reason for people to buy an Elite now though other than wanting a black xbox. That is my main complaint with my 360 though, sounds like a damn helicopter taking off.

Anth - join the ranks of the dark side my friend :yeleyes::D

17. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Might make the boxing more realistic as well.

18. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I will do - when I find employment ;)