Dynamic tension exercises. Help?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by dragon619, Aug 1, 2012.

1. dragon619

dragon619 Valued Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKWdHTn8YkU"]The Workout You Can Do Anywhere - YouTube[/ame]

Will these exercises work. I only want strength and power from them(i mean i dont want to be bulk). also dont want to loose my speed and flexibility. would these exercises help me in martial arts.

2. karl52

karl52 openminded

3. icefield

icefield Valued Member

short answer no...slightly longer answer no go lift weights

4. andym

andym Valued Member

Why does this myth, that weight training slows you down and makes you stiff, still exist !
    Correct training with wieghts will not make you
    And differing approaches in the use of weights, will mean you don't have to bulk up. Though personally I've never understood this , irrational, fear of 'bulking up'. A good little one beats a bad big one, but a good big 'un beats all comers. Also , isometric exercises are useful, but of very limited effectiveness. So , as icefield says ,

5. Marcy Shoberg

Marcy Shoberg Valued Member

One thing people with an irrational fear of bulking up need to realize is that the body builders with the extreme "bulk" do specific things to help them bulk up. Bulk doesn't just automatically happen to anyone who lifts weights. And, any changes in bulk, speed, and flexibility don't just happen overnight. On the off chance that you start to get less flexible or too bulky, you can change training regimen easily.