Drunken swormanship

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Cudgel, May 1, 2003.

1. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

Has any one heard aout any style of drunken SA cause I am trying to decide whether I should try to find a schol that teaches it.

For it would very great to fight whilst appearing drunk staggering around and such

2. Blade

Blade New Member

I have heard of this and have tried it out from what I heard, and it was highly effective in practice even though I just made up what I did on the spot. Try going to discovery channel online, go to Xtreme martial arts, and go to drunken fighting.

3. Kof_Andy

Kof_Andy New Member

That is a common style in Wushu, no school will teach you that stuff without the basics though. If your serious find a wushu instructor thats specialize in drunken.

4. Reiki

Reiki Ki is everything!

I tried drunken riding once and fell off my horse.... :D

I can see some merits in practising drunken fighting so you can handle any situation at any time....

5. Kof_Andy

Kof_Andy New Member

Try drunken gymnastic:p Haha I done that once, is halerious. I couldnt even do the basics stuff like carhweel properly with the influence of alcohol. Is easy to do drunken steps while your drunk though, but drunken is not about being drunk. Is about learning how to fight off balance, and not actually being off balanced.

6. Sub zero

Sub zero Valued Member

I don't mean to offend anyone but if you want "real" drukken fighting or sword work i would look for 8 imortals sytems rather than a wu shu club.

7. Pinyou

Pinyou New Member

I've not only heard of it, I'm a newbie practiconer of drunken myself. There are schools out there that only specialize in drunken Kung Fu but they are very rare. However, you may find some drunken material in a regular Kung Fu school ( that's my case). drunken spear, sword, and fist are available as an elective. I agree with you about the effeciency of the drunken style, but you gotta remember that drunken goes out of it's way to stress the combative side of the art rather than the exersise part, so be careful! You have to be very flexible to do it too.
    If your serious about drunken i strongly urge you to try other drunken pieces before sword. I hope you do find a place to study drunken, It is crazy fun!

8. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I really, really wouldn't suggest combining drunkenness and sharp things. Its almost as bad as combining alcohol and fire.

9. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

So running a pot still and practicing my jian forms is a really bad idea? :D

10. Reiki

Reiki Ki is everything!

no what he meant was its not good to set fire to yrself while drunk [hic!]

11. quartermaster

quartermaster Cat-like, stretchy guy

not too great an idea to venntilate yourself with a blade either, especially when merry

12. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

or sit to close to a fire while drinking high proof alchohol.

13. Splinter

Splinter Valued Member

Or the worst of all: Drunken Calculus

Don't Drink and Derive

(Oh God it's Geek Humor)

14. Nerevar

Nerevar A son of a mother

Drunken Driving is the Worst MA evar!!!!111shift+one!