Double Leg

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Patrick Bateman, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Banned Banned

Whats your preferred variation of the double leg, how do you avoid the guard and whats the set up?

I personally prefer to come a slight angle, getting to head to their left side, right arm across the front of the legs grabbing the far leg at the knee. Left arm grabbing the near leg at the knee. Pull my arms to my left to get them going and push to the right with my head. As the legs leave the ground close my arms together to hug their legs closing them together and land to the side and move up to cross body.

How about you guys, preferred angles and set ups?

2. Acekicken

Acekicken Submission Fighter

I use a Double Leg Body Slam.
    I usely shoot off a Punch with my head into the Right hip
    I drive up & faward & pull the Legs To The Left & Drive My shoulder Into There Stomach on The Way Down.

I won 1 of My Kumite Ju jitsu Fights This way
    & have used many Times.

When I don't get the Pick Up , i try & Chop The Legs down
    & make the Fall Backwards.

3. ninjadeath

ninjadeath New Member

First off, use more of a wrestling shot instead of BJJ shot. If you don't know the difference, I can explain it to you. Once you shoot in and get good penetration, scoop the legs and start to drive them to the side (Your penetrating leg side.), really take those legs and scoop them out and to the side.

4. totality

totality New Member

for visual reference, may i suggest almost any ryan gracie takedown :D

5. ninjadeath

ninjadeath New Member

Scoop them out away from the penetrating side. sorry about the error. I just reread it.

6. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

If any of you ever get a chance to see Darryl Gholar's instructional vid, DO IT.