Doom

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Sandninjer, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Sandninjer

Sandninjer Valued Member

Anyone remember this? Nearly 25 years later, I still can't get those 3 cheat codes out of my head. IDDQD, IDKFA, IDSPOSPOPD. Guess some things as a child never leave you.

Doom 2 was good as well but they ruined the franchise with Doom 3.

2. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Doom 3 was pretty rubbish.

Cheat codes....what are they exactly? ;)

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Doom 3 was overhyped and could never live up to expectations - if you revisit it it actually offers some pleasant ( and not so pleasant ) suprises.

4. Hannibal

Doom custom WADs were an obsession of mine for a while!

5. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Man I don't know why but I just fired that old game up and have been replaying it. Brings me back.

6. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

I used to make my own WADS too, I still have my Doom floppy disks !

7. Hannibal

There's a pill for that now

BADAM-TISH!!

8. Sandninjer

Sandninjer Valued Member

I totally thought I replied to this thread a while back.

After Doom 2, I think Quake held the throne for a long time, then Quake 2 until Unreal and Unreal Tournament came out. Those were the best days of PC gaming albeit dial-up connections and the rarity of DSLs.

Today, I'm playing 3D shooters on a console unfortunately :(

9. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start!

10. mr taf

mr taf Valued Member

The very start of Doom 3 was awesome, and there were some nice touches but the on whole yeah, it was tat! Were the surroundings the same ALL the way through? I got bored!

11. Kuniku

Kuniku The Hairy Jujutsuka

ah, classics :3

12. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

Who played Hexen? It was a Doom engine game that tried to add some D&D flavor.

13. Hannibal

Yep played that!

Also Rise of the Triads, Descent, Dark Forces...damn I wasted a lot of time in shooters!!!

14. Kuniku

Kuniku The Hairy Jujutsuka

i remember playing hexen, or at least a demo, i remember having a bow and arrow or something?

15. Sandninjer

Sandninjer Valued Member

Wow Hexen, a name I haven't heard in nearly 20 years. I do remember Descent too, that was an odd but cool game nonetheless.

16. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

Still have my Hexen T-shirt and poster I won on their webpage from a contest. I loved Descent, played the hell out of that one on my 10-baseT home network back in the day.

17. Sandninjer

Sandninjer Valued Member

lol. I used to have "LAN parties" in my basement with a few friends on my 100-Base T network about 10-15 years ago. As geeky as it was, it was a lot of fun.

Just last night I spoke with an old friend and we talked about meeting up sometime soon and playing a few games of Starcraft together again, "LAN party" style, and bring the wives together so they leave us alone.