Don't eat eggs or steak!!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by redsandpalm, Jun 20, 2007.

1. redsandpalm

redsandpalm shut your beautiful face

In light of the BACCs decision not to allow a commercial for eating an egg at breakfast...

DO NOT EAT EGGS, STEAK OR ORGAN MEATS! These will make you die of heart disease... in minutes!!

2. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Shhh... You're putting me off my second lunch! :D

3. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Golden rule....don't eat anything with a face. :p

4. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

But the face is the best part :(

5. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

TOO MANY JOKES .... MUSSSST RESIST .............

phew that was close.

The Bear.

6. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I eated an eg thiz mornin. Lulz.

. . .

Damn! That LOLcats thread is really getting to me. :D

7. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

:D :p

8. Blake_AE

Blake_AE Valued Member

for better or for worse, this might not be an issue a little ways into the future when we start growing chicken or beef muscle in laboratories. I wonder if they will improve the fat profiles then?

They'll probably do something stupid like remove all fat from the meat, instead of giving it a nice balanced ratio of omega 6 to omega 3, something like 2:1 I think? And leave in a bit if saturated fat for glorious testosterone, of course.

I'll bet the packaging labels have pictures of faces anyway so we can pretend it came from a real animal.

9. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

There was a program on C4 not long ago on GM food and at the end they showed some steak that had been grown in a petri dish. Looked disgusting but one day they might actually get there and make it good.

I saw this about eggs on the BBC this morning. How can anyone possibly think it is a good idea? Crappy breakfast cereals are advertised all the time, special K even advertises their lame diet of eating that twice a day and one ordinary meal! WTH!

10. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Well I am:

Had three eggs w/toast

Standing on the peel of the banana I put in my, good vegan protein drink.

I am back :D for another day anyway>>>

:p
    Gary

11. Suhosthe

Suhosthe A dwarf! A dwarf!

There's plenty of variety in my diet. This morning, for breakfast, I scrambled my eggs instead of poaching them. ;)

12. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

What's all this then? Food Gestapo cracking down over there?

BACC? :confused: British Authoritarian Commerical Censures?

Do you have a link for the story by chance? TIA.

13. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Here ya go: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6220684.stm

14. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Thanks for the link so we Yanks can find out what's the beef, chief. :)

15. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I like it:

ban "go to work on an egg" advert,
    but allow McDonalds advertising egg mcMuffins etc for breakfast?

16. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Thats cute :)
    I believe the best way to eat eggs are scrambled. Changes them, the so called bad stuff (yolk) does not cross the membrane barrier, but that only counts if you think it is bad for you ;)

When eating eggs the yolk is liquid and the part that can do some damage if you are so inclined to believe, or understand the osmosis action of membranes and chemical action.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osmosis

:cool:

17. Suhosthe

Suhosthe A dwarf! A dwarf!

Oh, osmosis? I thought it had something to do with salmonella in uncooked yolk. ;)

I like my yolks hard. I also hate liquid egg white. I had terrible trouble getting what I would consider to be properly cooked eggs while I was in the US. Someone did tell me that Americans eat their eggs runnier than the Brits because US eggs are held to much more stringent standards and therefore are less likely to cause food poisoning, so the British have to cook their eggs more thoroughly.

I must confess that I didn't believe him. :Angel:

18. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

True about the cooking of them, I am not into looking at the runny egg white either. I like them soft and fluffy along with a couple of nice pieces of toast. Side of meat, isnt all bad either. :D Potato microwaved in the skin. Cut up and eat.

Gary

19. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

LOL i was thinking the same thing... LOL
    another one from CB.... :p

20. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Quit egging him on! :D