Donald Trump 9th degree black belt

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by axelb, Nov 20, 2021.

1. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

So Trump gets an honorary 9th degree black belt in TKD.

For services to martial arts? Health?
    Maybe just because he was passing through.

2. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

Amazing.

3. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Link? Reference point of some type?

4. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

The only link I have is a Facebook page, so I am not sure if I can post on here.

I guess my point of discussion is should people like this get honorary degrees so far removed from what they do?

"President of Kukkiwon, G.M Lee Dong-sup, met Donald Trump and presented an honorary dan in November 19, 2021,"

[wtu] Kukkiwon Presents Honorary 9 Dan to Former US President, Donald Trump

Grond likes this.
  5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Yeh I just posted this recently as well. Here for the carnage.

Botta Dritta, axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  6. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

old palden likes this.
  7. Dead_pool

"The deep state wouldn't give me a blackbelt so i bought out the whole mcdojo chain... now my belt is the blackest. Its beyond black, blacker then any black you ever seen... and no one knows colours like I do. I have the best colours,

Man woman, kids, all blackbelts"

8. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

It's hard to think of someone less deserving of this sort of recognition than this...

9. aaradia

Generally speaking: For the most part, I have never understood honorary degrees. It's basically a pretend thing. You pretend you have earned something you in fact haven't. There are rare exceptions, but for the most part, I have never really gotten it.

There was a story I read once of a WW2 Vet who left his school before graduating to fight with honor. He got an honorary degree decades later. That would be an example of the sort of exception that makes sense.

But to give a degree in something a person never even remotely studied is a stupid concept overall.

Specifically: All this organization did was shame themselves and lessen their credibility as an organization. Trump does not embody any of the concepts of a martial artist, not even remotely. Not physically or mentally.

Add to that he started the greatest threat to the survival of my country as a Democracy. He is a vile insurrectionist traitor to Democratic values. Shame on this organization. They are on the wrong side of history and siding with a criminal. :mad:

10. Grond

Grond Valued Member

The fake belt guys are all cut from the same cloth. Whether it's No Touch KO, or some other imaginary accolade, this is just the typical scammers, sharing supposedly high level bling between each other. That way they cover for each other's lack of credulity.

I'd rather keep my white belt in common sense than a 9th degree black belt in anything. What does it really even matter, Donald Trump is going to hang it somewhere very obvious, like his golf club entrance or something, and make up stories about being a tough guy in his youth, even though everyone knows he's a soft, self-centered huckster trust fund baby who's probably never lifted a weight in his life that wasn't a double quarter pounder.

axelb likes this.
  11. Mushroom

TBF he does actually fit in with the McDojo-est of McDojo ethics.... so.........

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  12. Dead_pool

13. Dead_pool

How many Donald trump's does it take to change a lightbulb.....

None he prefers gaslights!

axelb likes this.
  14. Dead_pool

Anyone else notice he ties his belt just like the KFC man's tie!

donald-trump-and-the-head-of-the-world-taekwondo-federation-1525414-590x336.jpg unnamed.png

axelb likes this.
  15. Mushroom

The joke. The best jokes. No one has better jokes.... bigly

Dead_pool and axelb like this.
  16. Dead_pool

Mitlov and axelb like this.
  17. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Look just above Trump's head. Hiding in plain sight, a vicious dynastic tyrant (Kim Jong Un, not Trump, though...)

I suppose in some way Trump believes he did with North Korea what Nixon did to China. Fat chance, fat GEOTUS. And I never, ever, ever shame overweight people...but he earned it.

Mitlov and axelb like this.
  18. aaradia

Ugh guys, why did you give that insurrectionist traitor free promotion on here by posting those pics? Nauseating.:eek::mad:

19. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

What’s frustrating about this is that the Kukkiwon isn’t some small time Steven Seagal like organization teaching no touch KOs. They’re the organizing body to an Olympic sport. They’re huge. And he’s no longer president, and they haven’t done this with other presidents, so this isn’t a routine “kissing the ring,” but a very intentional choice.

axelb and Grond like this.
  20. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

I saw this on the TKD Times on Facebook as well.

On one hand, it's not a big deal. Korean Martial Arts, especially Taekwondo groups give out quite a few honorary belts. The rank means nothing and it's not supposed to viewed as anything approaching 'real' (sort of like how Pro-Wrestling now gives 'championship' belts to various sports teams that win championships. On the other hand, I imagine for the WT(F), it was just a big deal getting a former US President to show up at an event and be honored... that's a pretty seriously high level of VIP (regardless of any personal feelings).

So, yeah... as a TKD black belt (with rank from the Kukkiwon as well), it doesn't bother me at all because it literally means nothing.

axelb likes this.