Dom Toi

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Disciple, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Disciple

Disciple New Member

Is anyone here a practioner or have knowlege of a set of forms named (or atleast at one times named) Dom Toi? and if so, could you list your style that you learned the forms from and something about the forms?

2. Tithus

Tithus New Member

Could you be referring to the "Tam Tui"? It's a set of twelve forms that are supposed to lay the foundation for further learning. I've just started learning them myself...only have them down up to the third set. Sadly, I am nowhere near good enough to be able to explain the movements yet.

EDIT: And I am learning them in the My Jhong Law Horn style, though I believe they are traditionally thought of as the basics upon which most northern styles (and perhaps southern styles as well) are built.

Someone feel free to correct me if anything I've said sounds in error. I certainly don't claim to be an expert at this point.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2004
  3. dashao

dashao New Member

if its tan tui then yes i do them they are shaoliny forms from my kung fu class so far they have been quite short but not neccesarily easy i know about 5 so far me thinks.

4. Disciple

Disciple New Member

Thank you for the info

As you know, the romanization of names can change over time and place so it may very well be Tam Tui. and Thank you for that correction.

Could you describe the movements to me please?

5. Tithus

Tithus New Member

Romanization of names is one thing that makes some of this stuff so hard to search for. I got the best results searching for "Tan Tui". Here is a video that shows a "10 road" tan tui. I'm not familiar with the 10 set version, but I'm having a bear of a time finding a chart online for the 12 sets. Hopefully I can remember to get a chart from my school this weekend. If so, I'll scan it in and put it up for you.

EDIT: Guess I should have searched for a few more minutes before posting. Try this page for a (rather large) chart of the forms.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2004
  6. Disciple

Disciple New Member

YES! These are exactly what I am looking for! Thank you very much. This is truely awesome. Thank you very much.

7. awakened nature

awakened nature chi or pins and needles?

i would also just like to say thanks loads, ive been learning these sets at kung fu but not properly known the name so i didnt know what to search for, and finally i can practise properly on my own without stubbling and forgetting! thanks again!