Dojo Mat Supplier

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Sonshu, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Hi all

I had a problem last night which really left me annoyed. 2 hours before training I had a call from the Gym we have used for about the past 6 months. Apparently the mats we are using belong to the local Jujitsu club and they have found out and told us we cant use them. Now this I am fine with but there is more to it than this I feel.

We did not know the mats were the Jujitsu clubs otherwise we would nto have used them and the sports gym (major chain) had let a hall with mats which knowingly (to them) were not there mats.

What really annoyed me is the other club - you see the crux of the story is we are using these mats and now have a base of students who are good enough to help with teaching the class so I was looking to expand. Last week I put up a poster to advertise our club and as soon as this is up (they noticed it on Tuesday cos thats when they train) and then all of a sudden they throw toys out of the pram and feeling threatened wont let us use these mats for even 1 night.

I asked the gym to call the instructor (I know of him through a friend) to appologise and ask if we can use the mats for 1 night to help us out of a jam. We were told we could not - red rag to a bull as I know I would have let another club use it and we have never gone out to recruit the Jujitsu students.

Now need to buy a load of mats to use - gutted, anyone know of a good cheap supplier or a uk club looking to sell some mats?

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I dont know if this is any good to you, but Nine Circles (they of swords) have 60 mats to sell for £1000 - link

3. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I'd say the gym are most at fault - if they let you a hall with mats as part of the bargain, surely it's their responsibility to get you some mats!

Have you got any deal in writing with the gym? Maybe you could make them supply the mats? (slim chance I know...)

4. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

I tried on that front Moosey but its a no go as its a fair cost to them and we only pay £20 per class to use it so its not big money to them despite them wanting to keep the class there.

I also do not plan for it to be based there permenantly so its more a short term fix for me and I will take my mats with me.

5. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

yeah, you will get no joy from the gym.

Pity you were'nt closer, i only use mine on Fridays and you could have borrowed them untill you got your self sorted.

I've got the type simular to Nine Circles but in Red.

you can get them for £30 a mat brand new 40mm thickness.

:)

6. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter