Dog Brothers - Marc Denny's credentials

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by querist, Jul 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Marc Denny is the reason they're called "Dog Brothers". I'm amused nobody else pointed this out. I guess I'm now amused with myself.

2. Bryan Bondurant

Bryan Bondurant Banned Banned

Questions about Marc Denny come up every few years, I started asking them in 2006 here

Dog Brothers Martial Arts Questions?

Typically you ask questions about Marc online, he reads them, then has a proxy copy and paste emails as answers only to have personal attacks get launched.

My Opinion, He was a young healthy and privileged kid that got his way payed through law school to avoid military service. I have asked him about this multiple times and the only available answer is his caught bragging about being at Woodstock yet you will find nothing of him concerning Vietnam. It seems he became patriotic after we invaded Iraq the second time.

Training with sticks is awesome, everyone should do it. That said, messing around with sticks in a public park with your friends is not actual combat and is not much more than boxing with gloves on and referee. Having one or more people actually trying to murder you with hands, snicks, knives, guns, with no referee, that is an actual fight for ones life and something most will not experience.

Credential wise, he has none I have ever seen. He was for sure in P.I. with Leo Gaje but thats where the trail goes cold. Everyone in this knows the FMA politics is much more serious than the actual training. Dan Inosanto if he knows any dirt on Denny will not say however many of Guro Dans students have gone public saying that Marc Denny sucked back in the day and was Dans worst student.

A couple funny things about this, Marc and his students are totally into the Guro credential thing and like to call out people as fakes, laughable. Then nobody ever cares that Marc faked his credentials and made up his own Martial Art aka Dog Brothers. Personally I just think the whole saga is just lame and boring, one step above being a nunchuck expert when a few tennis lessons and a baseball bat will actually knock balls over the fence.

Conclusion, Marc Denny has never been in a single real fight, never robbed, no violent encounters, no bar fights, no combat, no military, and has gotten by on the myths of stick fighting by confusing novice martial artists with claims that refereed sparring in a public park is actually something beyond having fun with your friends. Most likely Marc Denny dodged the draft and if anyone can prove he didn't, I would be interested in that and happy to set the record straight but guessing its going to be crickets from Marc on Vietnam.

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Yawn, another person calling out a highly respected martial artist from behind a keyboard.

Was it you that was banned from Bullshido?

And your own credentials are...?

4. Bryan Bondurant

Credentials, LOL. The whole thread is about Marc Denny not having any credentials so you start asking me for credentials,,,, fun.

Maybe you missed the part where I was explaining how you ask questions about Marc Denny and cult members show up to turn your questions into a personal attack.

5. Simon

So you have no credentials.

Carry on.

6. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

I've just read his entry on bullshido, which negates everything his written here.

Is it still against TOS to post links to the bullshido wiki site?

7. Bryan Bondurant

You do not know me, this thread is not really about me or my ego as much as its just unknown insider versions of a story about Martial Arts. I have lived close to a decade in Asia, mostly Southeast. When a King Cobra came in the house after dinner, I chased it out with a stick then cut its head off with a machete, no big deal in my world.

8. Bryan Bondurant

The link was to a piece of history dated 2006, not self promotion, but no worries, you don't like what I have to say so you start trying to say I broke a rule to shut down any conversation about Dog Brothers,,,,,,,

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Hahaha...not about my ego but I totally killed a dangerous snake!

10. Bryan Bondurant

How is killing a snake ego and not just a simple fact worth mentioning? I have killed more than fifty poisenous snakes in fifty plus years of living and let hundreds more go. Last year I stopped on the highway in Nevada and pulled a 5/6 ft gopher snake off the road as it got a bit cold and he was stuck, waiting to to be ran over to die. I like rat snakes and such, even like vipers and kraits, just not in the house around kids and pets.

11. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

What on earth does killing a snake have to do with the thread topic? o_O No offense, but why is it worth mentioning here? What is the connection to the topic that I am missing? Thanks.

12. Bryan Bondurant

Are you familiar with FMA? The basic premise of stick fighting is that when the Spanish took over the Sulu Sultanate they outlawed knives and blade training, therefore the Filipinos trained with sticks as knives. All stick fighting is simulated blade fighting, training for blade fighting. There were no rebels in PI training to overthrow any governments with sticks, never happened. The stick is the sword.

The mention of killing a cobra with a machete is very simple, it puts me under the triple canopy with a knife in my hand killing a deadly poisonous snake that could have potentially killed me versus aggressive role playing in a park that Marc has done in the suburbs with little danger of death. Can Marc use a stick against a real man with a sword? I do not know and neither does he, Marc Denny has never been in a fight for his life against man or beast, according to him.

13. Simon

Typical keyboard warrior who will waste his time here until he gets banned, or found out.

I've seen it a hundred times over the years.

You've come here because the other websites got fed up and quite honestly the countdown has started.

14. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Military experience has practically nothing to do with martial arts either, unless you're a firearms instructor. So the mention of Marc Denny's lack of military service is nothing but an attack on his personal character.

15. Bryan Bondurant

Simon, typical of internet forum culture, don't agree with a new member, brand them a "Suppressive Person" then attempt to silence any and all dissent, never mind any facts, relevant information, or trying to figure out the truth.

16. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I consider the dog brothers almost like a collective martial consciousness. Rather than gaining knowledge via training with a specific instructor or lineage (which of course they all did too) they pooled their resources, battered each other and saw what worked through direct experience.
    Denny, Sandford and of courses the great Eric Knaus were martial artists in their own right quite aside from any nonsense about lineage or credentials.
    There are credentials through people like Inosanto, Gaje, Sulite, Machado, Chai etc (off the top of my head) but the more important lesson was taking what they knew from such people and seeing what worked for themselves.
    Which of course is how martial arts have developed, and continue to develop, since the year dot.

17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

So let me get this straight...you're criticising someone for not having something you also admit very few people have?

18. Bryan Bondurant

Considering Marc and his pro Iraq war patriotic American hero flag waving and chest thumping since 911. Denny seemed very cool with sending others to war but soldiering and war may be a little more than he is interested in unless it sells product. No big deal, look at Ted Nugent, an admitted draft dodger who is now "the man' over at NRA and you better not bring up his draft dodging past,,,,,, "Suppressive" lol.

19. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

That's true up to a point but in many styles the stick also became a weapon in itself and the training evolved to reflect that.

20. Simon

Nonsense.

You are an invisible poster, who has joined a forum to talk someone down after being banned from, or getting no luck on other forums.

In regard to facts I have removed your comments from a You Tube video on knife crime because they are incorrect and totally go against the message we are trying to put across.

Don't talk to me about facts.

I have trained under 3 FMA Grandmasters, been private students of two of them and also trained under two masters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.