Does God Exist?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by 7pm in Kyoto, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

There is none - it is entirely a personal gnostic experience that will lead to an acceptance, variance or rejection of the postulate

2. Hannibal

Which is the standard follow up clause those same zealots and wackjobs attach to it

If you add some variation on "persecuted for my beliefs" you have a full house

3. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Like I said you are attached to the idea because the alternative is too uncomfortable.

Show me God?

Show me his inherent nature that exists independently of anything else. The one inherent "thing" that is God.

Show me God.

4. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

Well in all seriousness i am being "persecuted for my beliefs" as you put it. You and several other people are bashing on me for my belief's. That in and of itself is a form of persecution. So thank you for proving your own point there.

5. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

honest i hope if there is a god as depicted in abrahamic religions, he won't reveal himself.

that revelation would drive me nuts.
    he let the holocaust happen, the starvation of millions of chinese, the genocides going on in syria now. he favours the prayers of some over others.
    he let my, yours and everyones ancestors die as pagans and go to hell when none of them had heard of his one true religion because we lived so far away from it all.
    his plan is madness and id rather not be his pawn while he plays a divine game of sim city

i'd kill myself just to spite him, to screw up his plans.

6. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

God is not at anyone's beck and call. Only you can find god in your life. No one can "show you god".

7. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

And again i must tell you that god is not the cause of these thing's. That is Satin's domain.

8. Dean Winchester

No. People are pulling apart your argument.

There is a bloody big difference and by screaming persecution you are dishonouring all of those who have been legitimately persecuted for their faith.

9. Dean Winchester

Cop out.

Show me something of God that is independent to everything else.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  10. Hannibal

Actually you aren't - not even close

I am reminded of a quote by Patton Oswalt

The fact you cannot cogently articulate your beliefs and hide behind "persecution" means you have ZERO idea what that word actually means

11. Dean Winchester

Look I love the Moody Blues but surely you mean Satan or maybe Shaitan?

12. Hannibal

So God has no power in this world, making him impotent, or he does and chooses not to use it, making him uncaring

13. Dean Winchester

But he's all seeing, all knowing and all powerful.

So at the very least he's guilty of willingly letting something happen that he has the power to stop?

14. Dean Winchester

Where's MadMonk when you need him?

15. Hannibal

Whoah! Parallel arguments! PROOF OF FSM's PLAN!!!!

16. Hannibal

I could text him but he is probably drinking and chatting up the barmaid

17. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

I know what "Persecution" mean's. It is "hostility and ill-treatment, especially because of race or political or religious beliefs" which is exactly what you and several other member's of this site are doing because of my religious belief's.

18. Dean Winchester

Where?

19. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Believe me, that definition does not fit what is happening here. The discussion going on here is pretty civil and you can exit the discussion whenever you want with no lasting harm or effects of any kind. Persecution is far far worse than this. Look at the mass of refugees fleeing across Europe and you'll find some good cases of persecution. Look at the atheist bloggers in fundamentalist states who are legitimately living in fear of being hacked to death with machetes for expressing their lack of beliefs and you'll see persecution.

People disagreeing with you in a conversation about religion is not an example of persecution at all.

20. Hannibal

100% wrong