Does Fornication deplete Chi?

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Student 0f Life, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Guys, Can we please keep the posting relevant and contributive.

We'll keep the thread open for the time being however it will be being watched as the shelf life seems to be nearing and its starting to smell.

Thanks.

2. Qasim

Qasim Valued Member

This thread died the minute that thecycle put the link for the squids up. Or was it the post he made prior to that? :saz:

3. ember

ember Valued Member

Either? Both?

-- asks the pregnant woman...

4. Taoquan

Taoquan Valued Member

Actually for women, while pregnant is a phenomenal time to get healthy. This is based on the Taoist theory that women are more creatures of blood (women are said to lose their essence during menses). So during the time of pregnancy with proper diet, exercise and health it is said women can actually come out of pregnancy healthier than when they got pregnant.

However, if the pregnancy is difficult i.e. c-section, loss of a lot of blood, this can be severely detrimental to the child and obviously the mother. It can take the mother many months to recover from a difficult delivery and the child could be weakend to the point of having frequent infections etc.

As for raising children, I have none, but I can imagine they would drain tons of Qi. :D

5. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

When I was kidnapped my parentes snapped into action.

They rented out my room.

6. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

really? massive blood loss during childbirth is bad for the child and mother?

Gee, I had no idea. Maybe there is something to this Qi business after all.

:rolleyes:

7. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

now you're just cuddling on him. If yer fancy a snog :saz:

8. Taoquan

Taoquan Valued Member

You missed the previous post Medi,
    Women are creatures of blood, men are more creatures of Qi specifically Yang. I agree makes common sense boy who would've thought Chinese medicine knew this 3000 years ago and it seems to be modern knowledge :rolleyes:

9. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

Oh I see, men aren't affected by massive blood loss. Of course.

10. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Not when they give birth, no.

11. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Can a topic Mod tell me what fornification as it relates to Chinese medical philosophy has to do with Martial Arts.

IMA stands for internal martial art if you hadn't noticed. Meditation is a part sure but not this. MA applicable theories relating to philosophy aspects sure. But not any random Chines philosophy or religious type stuff.

This thread is a perfect fit to the traditional medicine forum. Why has it come this far and not been moved ?

I can only think that the Mods for the IMA topic have a limited knowledge and understanding of it and both its traditional and more modern perspectives..

Maybe some changes are in order. Maybe even a meditation and related practices area in the new cultural forums or somewhere. Just an idea

But anyone someone get the batphone and :Aegis:

Hell wake up Yoda if ya have to. Y'all do a great job btw.. :love:
    But hey "things can only get better" an all that jazz. I feel the situation overall is pretty unfair and biased against our forums building up, generating and attracting martial arts people that want to talk martial arts in relation to taichichuan , yi quan, bagua etc..

I'm sure when people pop by and see just mostly these type threads getting attention they just think wtf??

Sorry to rant but i like MAP and these forums I would like to most frequent here (taichi /IMA) lack the quality of martial discussion you see in other areas.

I honestly think they would be better off as part of the KF forum. But we've been round this before. I hope someone listens and does at least something / more to help the situation a bit. Because it really is a shame..

:(

You know you could just give me mod power ..... go on i dare ya :D

12. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I do agree with you to a certain extent CH,and wondered why you spent so much time over in KF :D:D

There are many debates about chi/qi over here,I agree and yes sometimes they do seem more prolific than discussions regarding IMA techniques and debates.

Some of it does have a lot to do with where members choose to post their threads,perhaps people could put a bit more thought into this before posting anything at all to do with chi/qi immediately into the IMA/Tai Chi forum.

13. Taoquan

Taoquan Valued Member

Sorry,
    But with my training IMA covers Qi, and chinese medicine philosophy with Qigong. So I figured these would be the best places to post these as it is ingrained within the IMA philosophy. All of my teachers have combined all these theories into the MA, you must know anatomy and physiology, meridian systems etc. and combine them into the art.
    So I suppose it could also be due to one's training?

14. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

fair enough, you don' have to apologize. I really have no problem for these being here or anywhere if they are topics about these things relating to MA.

Honest. the things you mention - anatomy, do you mean dim mak pressure point stuff regards the meridian system.?(btw) etc. don't have any problem with, didn't mean to give that impression.

maybe other things like psychology. Anything is fine here i would say (check me out trying to 'dictate' things like this.. :Alien: ) as long as it relates in a way to the MA.

If it's medical, philosophical, sexual, religious . My opinion is thay should fit nicely/ better elsewhere. And would help these forums gather more martial interest in the long run. maybe i'm wrong about that.

I respect that for you MA is about both healing and harming. But seeing as we have a traditional healing forum on an wider MA forum. If it relates to the healing side may be those interested from the wider MAP community would easier find it there - then therefore that would get better attention too. win win ? hmm :D

i do get a bit tired of it though - too much philosohy type discission here and on tc .. I go to religion/philosophy less now than i did before, Specifically because i have had a really good fill of discussing such stuff on MAP. I always did my best to do it there.

Hope that explains better what i think. I hope you agree that what i have suggested is pretty reasonable. Anything you don't be sure to say.

I'm a pretty lax person when it come to this type things.. I don't mind thread drifting, banter etc. as long it remains somewhat related and going the right sort of way. Though before others were more bothered than me I gotta say!

Maybe I'm maturing :eek:

ok i think i need to go lie down for a bit.

FWIW I enjoy your contributions to MAP.
    Cheers

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  15. Taoquan

Taoquan Valued Member

CH,
    Thank you for your respect and courtesy and with your view points I agree and can see where you are coming from. Though this thread was originally posted by another OP so I just contributed :D Maybe it is time to ask the mod to move this thread as it has turned more to a healing/health context than a MA one.

16. Taoquan

Taoquan Valued Member

Medi,
    I have read your other posts and respect your opinions as a fellow MA. You are very knowledgable in what you do and what you offer to other MA. Though I don't appreciate the patronizing theme that I get from your posts. I am merely offering my training and advice as you also do. (Sorry if I am misreading your posts)

If you are truly curious and want to know about this feel free to ask or contribute. I am by no way saying this is definitive and this is the end all be all way of doing things. But when it comes to these things (as this post suggests) there is a real lack of knowledge on the subject of Eastern ideas and philosophy. I am just trying to shed some light on the apparent mysticism.

17. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

I've got an idea. How about you not tell us how to do our jobs? ;)

If you'd like to know why this thread remains here, it's simply because of traffic. In case you can't tell, the Traditional Medicine area has less frequent visitation than the IMA forum. This is a very constructive thread thus far and deserves to be seen by more people than just those interested in traditional healing methods.

As far as combining forums or adding subforums, if you have suggestions about improving MAP then you should contact a moderator directly and we can discuss the matter and get back to you.

We do have reasons for why we do things, even if they are not totally evident.

And finally, if you're unhappy about the content of the forums you frequent, then I have one piece of advice: Post more content that you like. The reason that these forums see the same posts over and over is because the members we have continue to post the same type of content. If you frequent the movies forum, you'll be asking why (though not so recently under my watch) there are so many Bruce Lee and Steven Seagal threads. If you'd like to see more martial and less spiritual content in these sections, then start the trend. Stay out of the discussions of the metaphysical and start more discussions about application (and posting videos doesn't count ;) ).

And I'll thank you not to call me ignorant.

18. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

pleaze mate!

Where did I address you (Sandus)as ignorant ?
    So no need to thank me.

Any road,
    My opinion on these things and dare I say it advice.. is not "telling you how to do your jobs" . Though 100% you can interpret it that way, and continue as you see fit. no probs.

As for it not being PM, well maybe it will nudge a few people.. I'll try to start more related to MA. And i hope others will join in. Have made efforts in the past. I'm well aware i don't have to frequent, but then who's gonna keep an eye on you :D

I've always wondered where do you discuss your MArtial arts practice on MAP ?

And you forgot the bit where i reminded you all that i think you all do a great job.. ;)

But I could do better (than Sandus) :D - see that's not saying you're
    ignorant(Sandus) or telling any of you how to do your jobs.

Any street you do realize you are taking this a bit too far :topic: , and you need to watch it 'cos i have newly given powers from high above.. really really high. Yoda said to me in a dream i could give out warnings for :topic: so careful i might have to warn you. especially if you ramble nonsense simpleton speak on and on and stuff, kind of incoherent and what have you. kay? sweet.

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  19. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

To deal with all the possible points that might be questioned:

If you have suggestions, please use the appropriate forum.

If you want to complain about a mod, please contact a GM or Admin by using the private messaging system.

If you want to insult people, don't. Not on MAP anyway.

If you want to be a mod... Basically dream on unless you follow the above guidelines and try to follow the site rules, demonstrating the qualities that we look for in a mod AND a productive member.

Enough said on those matters. Please get the thread back on topic and keep any suggestions for running MAP to the suggestions forum.

Thanks

20. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

This was added as I made my post. I'm going to point out here that in no way do you have any right whatsoever to give out warnings. You can make suggestions to others, but you have no powers on this forum, newly given in a dream or otherwise.

Call anyone a simpleton again, or make any other insults to either my mod team or to any other member and you're looking at a temporary ban from the site.

Clear?