Does anyone use a powerball?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by JayKayD, May 2, 2005.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Just be sure not to post anything about it here on MAP as you'd end up sin binned like I got after my post (it was edited to remove 'offending' or TOS violating innuendo). :eek:

Who'da thunk?! :D

2. Kyouretsu

Kyouretsu New Member

I ordered mine last week. I am looking foward to receiving it!

Any tips for a newbie?

3. rocketone5

rocketone5 New Member

I was messing around with one at my friends house. I doesnt' do much. May be I am not using it right. How would it transfer into punching strength?

4. Arkaig

Arkaig Valued Member

I got myself an original one (without counter) from ebay. I love it. Can't help picking it up everytime I walk past it.

5. Kyouretsu

Kyouretsu New Member

I don't know if it would really help punching strength... although if it does... I'm sure that someone here who has already used it will let you know! lol...

I bought it to help with my gripping strength and to help strengthen my wrists (I have had lots of wrist problems that cannot be explained by the stupid doctor)... If you read about it on the powerballs website... it explains that it was created for rehabilitation for your wrists... to help with tendonitis, carpal tunnel, and other wrist ailments.

6. TKD=FUN

TKD=FUN New Member

i dont think it does increase the power of a punch, the only thing it would do is strengthen the supporting muscles to allow for a more sturdy impact. it would stengthen the wrist so it doesnt bend upon impact.

7. MikeMartial

MikeMartial Lean and Mean

LOL@the massiveness of this thread.

Ordering one right now from eBay; my brother-in-law had one at his place a while back, but I had forgotten all about it. Hoping it'll help recuperate a nagging wrist injury.

**I think the clubbell guy is sour 'cause powerballs are cutting into his potential sales profit. :D