Does anyone know where I can find Boxing techniques online?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by -=|§ØÛ£|=-, Jun 17, 2003.

1. -=|§ØÛ£|=-

-=|§ØÛ£|=- New Member

I don't want to become a pro or anything, I think it'd just be cool to learn a few things. So if anyone knows, It would be helpful.

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Why not pop along to your local Boxing gym?

3. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

They might know some boxing techniques!

4. YODA

Ya never know! They just might :D

5. Cain

Cain New Member

It's worth a shot :D

|Cain|

6. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

What have you got to loose?

(except a straight nose)

7. -=|§ØÛ£|=-

-=|§ØÛ£|=- New Member

Well, I don't have a local gym… the nearest one is nearly 50 miles away.

8. YODA

50 miles?

You'll find many people here travel a lot further than that to train. Not every week perhaps but if you want it you have to find it.

What about a Muay Thai, MMA or VAle Tudo club? All will have a good understanding of boxing.

9. -=|§ØÛ£|=-

-=|§ØÛ£|=- New Member

I am actually taking Aikido classes soon, but I just wanted to pick up a few useful techniques from some other styles or whatever. I went to judoinfo.com and I have already found a few good Judo throws I could practice. Once we take Aikido class I could learn how to fall and stuff so that won't be as dangerous.

10. YODA

You can't just "pick up a few useful techniques" from a website. If you want to be able to perform at anything like a high level, be it a boxing punch or a Judo throw you need to get in there with high level people and WORK.

11. -=|§ØÛ£|=-

-=|§ØÛ£|=- New Member

WORK!? *cries* But it's too hard! PLEEEAAASSEEEE

12. YODA

Sorry - yes - WORK!

13. -=|§ØÛ£|=-

-=|§ØÛ£|=- New Member

I guess you're right. I just don't wanna pay money because I don't want to learn that much. I just want to pick up some stuff. Still, I still see Boxing asa martial art, as where most people I know see it as a sport.

14. YODA

Just as well. :D

15. -=|§ØÛ£|=-

-=|§ØÛ£|=- New Member

What the *&$# is that supposed to mean? Man, if you aren't gonna be any help than just forget about it! *kicks YODA in the shins* That is a KickBoxing move I learned called Baby Attack.

16. YODA

I mean that with the attitude you seem to have towards work & learning - you're not going to achieve much.

No problem - consider yourself forgotten.

.... NEXT!

17. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Because Yoda know the truth. To get good there will be sacrifice, pain, lots of training, plus time & money, if you want to learn a lot that is.

Theres no easy way, but it doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable, I don't mean to sound too negative :)

18. -=|§ØÛ£|=-

-=|§ØÛ£|=- New Member

I know that man. I am willing to work for it, that's why I am going to Aikido class. I just wanted to know a few Boxing things.

19. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

20. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

:D ... plz excuse the pun.... but Andrew you "beat me to the punch"! I had those links in mind.

I hear you -=|§ØÛ£|=- (<---had to cut & paste that one!)...
    I want so much to join a boxing gym... but I can't seem to find one in a close proximity to where I currently train.... (I train there 4 days a week so nearby would only work for me although I have a great attitude and work extremely hard!).