Doce Pares not Doce Pares

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by shootodog, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootodog

shootodog restless native

so doce pares that isn't doce pares? why would you call yourself doce pares if you're not from the 1929 founded organization?

2. kalislash

kalislash Valued Member

Hi Kapatid(brother) I never mentioned that I am from the doce pares group ,Isaid i studied doce pares style :D

3. shootodog

doce pares style of doce pares multistyle? the one founded in 1932 in cebu?

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  4. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Styles and systems, are interrelated.

So if you did a style of "arnis" is it Ernesto Presas or his brother's Remy?

Or better yet your style is confusing the neighborhood (barrio/system/tribe).

Generic terms have taken it to a new height in todays groups, they want the terms, arnis, escrima, and kali to be generic. The name's of the person who taught it to be the factor, or is it the other way around :rolleyes:

Gary

5. tim_stl

tim_stl Valued Member

because you developed in another place with no knowledge of a doce pares organization in cebu, or before the existence of the doce pares club in cebu.

tim

6. shootodog

that's a possibility.

some might argue that it isn't likely, but it is likely.

7. kalislash

kalislash Valued Member

Try,to figure out that the generic name sikaran (the way we kick) is the Sikaran of other .Some strike with 3,5,7,8,12 and honestily he said that they were not the said group .And he said that his doce pares is old not modern (KINARAAN) :)

8. shootodog

then please explain the name of doce pares kinaraan. who is the founder? you claim it is older than dpa (since 1932), when was it founded? where was it founded?

doce pares association got it's name from the 12 pairs (pares) of bastons of the 12 maestros that founded the club in cebu.

9. kalislash

kalislash Valued Member

They are not claiming about this group ,ask them and surely they will tell you that they were not alone :Alien: Long before they all came from the Labangon Fencing Club ,some I heard somewhere in the mountain of Luzon and sorry they do not give certificate or diploma my friend :D

10. tim_stl

tim_stl Valued Member

it's the history of the doce pares practiced by the baet family of paete. the name comes from the 'doce pares de francia.' the lineage of the baet family arts can be found at www.garimot.com (under the media link), or more information on the history of doce pares in laguna can be found by searching the archives of the eskrima digest at www.martialartsresource.com/filipino/search/search.cgi.

a few links to posts by gat puno baet:
    http://www.martialartsresource.com/anonftp/pub/eskrima/digests/v06.n080.txt
    http://www.martialartsresource.com/anonftp/pub/eskrima/digests/v06.n081.txt
    http://www.martialartsresource.com/anonftp/pub/eskrima/digests/v09.n208.txt

tim

11. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Do you have the book?

12. shootodog

wow! a tagalog doce pares system! thanks tim.

13. kalislash

kalislash Valued Member

So, we are not alone ...... MABUHAY KAPATID

14. tim_stl

tim_stl Valued Member

los doce pares de francia? no.

15. tim_stl

tim_stl Valued Member

no problem. i don't know where you're located in the p.i., but if you're interested in seeing the doce pares from laguna, there are a few contacts listed on www.garimot.com, specifically maestro moody madrigal of paete. you could also contact gat puno baet and ask for some other contacts.

tim

16. tim_stl

tim_stl Valued Member

could you give us more history on the style of doce pares you study? who was your instructor, where did he come from, who was his instructor, etc.

17. kalislash

kalislash Valued Member

Doce Pares in PI much well-known is in Cebu, I have our own family system . And I only tell you that he came from Zamboanga ,his teacher a certain name Calisto and my in-laws recomended me to him and he said his style is Doce Pares the old style , he is much more in Eskrima very defferent from the other style of DP.The only similarities is the 12 strike even he hold stick very much blade-oriented. ;)

18. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

But surely if you trained with him you can tell us his name?

And is he still alive? and if so or not, where is his club now?

Just curious Kapatid;)

Pat

19. kalislash

kalislash Valued Member

For the respect of them ,I just keep his art so it may continue to the next generation. :Angel: Gat Kalislash

20. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Sorry I don't understand, why would their names need to be kept secret in order that it may continue to the next generation?

Why all the secrecy, what are they affraid off?

Best regards

Pat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.