dobok help please

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by kuksool_keith, Aug 11, 2015.

1. kuksool_keith

kuksool_keith Valued Member

Hello all

I am an avid collector of all martial arts doboks.

Would anyone be able to help me acquire a Hapkido Black Belt dobok please?

Thank you all in advance.

2. klaasb

klaasb ....

oh, I think just about every hapkido organisation has its own standards for doboks.
    you might wanna try Moosoolsa

3. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

It used to be 'some schools wore all black and some wore all white', so from that perspective, it wouldn't be too hard to add a black one and a white one to your collection.

Beyond that, it could get even more fun...

1. The 'cross hatched' or 'net' pattern has long been appropriated by certain Hapkido groups... some have a white base with black and some have black base with white (or gold or red)

2. Some groups use Judo-gi... with the Hapkido patches and logos

3. Sin Moo (Ji Han Jae Dojunim's group) uses a very cool grey colored dobok (close to the color of monk's robes in Korea)

4. Jungki Kwan Hapkido uses a distinctive blue dobok.

5. Hanminjok Hapkido (GM Seo In Sun) uses doboks very much like the Kuk Sool Won does.

6. The International Hapkido Federation (or Hankido group) wear doboks that have skirt-pants (chima-paji), which somewhat resemble Aikido Hakama.

7. The World Hapkido Federation founded by GM Myung Kwang Sik have their own unique uniform (black and white)

I think a collection of Hapkido Doboks could be very interesting given the different types in use out there (leaving alone doboks for general class wear and those for demos)... good luck!

4. kuksool_keith

kuksool_keith Valued Member

Ah! Thats alot! Have actually found a supplier of what im looking for.