Do you still trust our government's nutritional advice?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by CosmicFish, Nov 16, 2010.

1. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

2. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I haven't trusted the government's nutrition advice for several years now, and this sort of this only goes to re-enforce my lack of trust!

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

What a joke. surely the US can't be far behind. Or maybe with the way our government is run by private interest groups and big agri-business lobbying... we led the way.

One more excuse to train harder. :)

4. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

what the...

5. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Government nutritional advice has never been based on actual science. At least doing it this way means that people will take it with a grain of salt.

6. CosmicFish

Yup. And to read more. :)

7. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Ahhhh but be careful because if you take each piece of government advice with a grain of salt you will probably exceed your salt RDA :) :) :)

Robert.

8. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

LOL! Ain't that the truth~!!:hat:

9. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

I trust the government. The government is our friend. The government loves us. I love the government. I trust the government. The government is our friend. The government loves us. I love the government. I trust the government. The government is our friend. The government loves us. I love the government......

10. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

That would be awesome put to some dark trance beat with strobes and lazers.

Ooh and those cool eye wear things that Alex wore in 'A Clockwork Orange'

Attached Files:

11. Bigmikey

We are the Government. You will be assimilated. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

America: Land of the free to do EXACTLY as you're told. :)

12. CosmicFish

On a related subject, I'm guessing you've heard the stink that's going down on your side of the pond over raw milk?

13. Bigmikey

Actually, no. What is it THIS week?

14. CosmicFish

Long story short, accusations are being made that FDA officials are making heavy-handed raids on places that sell raw milk. They're even targeting private clubs (which I believe are allowed to sell to members in some states?)

If you're interested in further reading, here's a couple of articles / vids:

http://attempter.wordpress.com/2010/10/27/first-they-came-for-the-raw-milk-and-i-did-nothing/

http://wholefoodusa.wordpress.com/2010/10/24/fda-shutdown-award-winning-artisan-raw-cheese-producer/

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txbNxLU3jr4"]YouTube - Wisconsin Farm Raids[/ame]