do you have this side effect when you crossfit or otherwise exercise??

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Late for dinner, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Wasn't sure if this belonged in the ''what not to do'' section or here..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKzq1upNIgU"]CrossFit - Do You Pee During Workouts? - YouTube[/ame]

I am interested whether this problem is a female only problem, whether it is just a symptom of too much crossfitting and if there is anyone out there who crossfits, has anyone done any training to try and control this issue rather than let it get errr '' out of ?hand'' ?

LFD

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

This is beyond stupid. It's being worn as a badge of pride. But it means there is real problem going on with the pelvic floor muscles. Ugh. Seriously dumb.

3. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Next crossfit WOD

10 double unders
    10 box jumps
    3 squats
    15 kegals.

4. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

is there no end to the ridiculousness of cross fit ?

5. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

I joke but it is rediculous, obviously there is a serrious issue with the amount of volume and/or these girls pelvic floors/other muscles in that area.

Celebrating people being sick, getting rhabdo and now peeing themselves? Irresponsible to say the least.

If these issues arose in any other training environment volume would be cut back and work would begin to correct these issues, but in crossfit they just continue to run themselves into the ground and pee every where.

Frankly I'd be pretty annoyed if some chick repeatedly pee'd on the kit I had to use, without thinking of ways to not.

6. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

meh, personally if she looked good enough in yoga pants I could live with it, but thats just me I'm a FREAK !

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  7. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Wonder what Lyoto Machida's position is on this?

Would he complain that its a waste of a nutritious beverage?

In my KF class, I took over the warmups and had a newbie. He basically couldn't keep up (even why I told him to do what he can) and ended up passing and went pale/green.
    As soon as I saw his face, I asked was he getting pins and needles type sensations across his face and any dizziness.

He said Yes

Immediately I told him to stop and had him lie down or be in a comfortable position and got another student to get him something to drink.
    There would be no way in where I would instead say "CARRY ON"

Its irresponsible.

I have friends who crossfit and has done wonders for their weight loss but they keep technique and don't go overboard to the point of puking/passing out.

8. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

What is it with double unders? The only thing I get is whip marks on my arm from the speed rope when it stops, usually the left isn't turning as fast as the right. I have occasionally had wee strain on pullups, but not for quite a while and I was doing real pullups not kipping. I guess if I tried to do muscle ups that might trigger it. If I was doing heavy squats I would need to ensure I had gone before (reminded of this).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TphU-2RA_9w"]**** Weightlifting Girls Say - YouTube[/ame]

9. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Makes me glad to have an extra 18cm of urethra, more effective urinary sphincters!

10. Wildlings

Wildlings Baguette Jouster

What the hell?
    I happened to train harder than reasonableone once or twice, I even passed out once. But never heard about this stuff :D