Do You Abstain?

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Azrael, Jan 31, 2004.

1. gerard

gerard Valued Member

I am not trying to convince you of anything my friend. We live in two different worlds:

1. Yours is the world of facts an numbers still attached to this or this one too.

2. Mine is the world of common sense and deep intuition based on deeper knowledge of the true nature of our reality (which corresponds to the bigger picture beyond what is known as our existing Universe) through the use of meditation (which activates the powerful pineal and pituitary glands), accumulation of karma and teachings of Lord Buddha and Daoist sages.

Sorry I love women as sentient beings as I love ants, rabbits, sharks, trees, flowers and all different creatures that inhabit the Blue Planet. The problem is that the reproduction instinct is the most powerful force in our Universe besides qi and the play of yin-yang. In order to control that instinct and avoid a short lifespan that would interfere with the process of purification of shen, necessary to achieve spiritual immortality men should conserve their essence (jing). This essence is lost during ejaculation, which can happen during either sexual encounters with either females, males or certain animals if someone practices bestiality, or through masturbation. However that loss of semen will not interfere with shen cultivation if certain guidelines are followed. Please read this

I am celibe because I currently live in the city and I can't find an understanding female (not necessarily a Daoist).

Yes my friend, I rather Chinese superstition that has produced so much and has attracted so many Westerners like me who took always for granted the power of the so-called Western science, or should I say Science superstition.

Maybe you should read this and this as well to purify your troll mind :Angel:

Anyway by seeing your avatar I feel sorry for you because you've just reached the human stage after being a rodent in your previous life. Please don't take it as an offense as I was in one of my previous lives a crocodile. Purification of shen in order to attain Enlightenment takes many, many lives according to the Buddha.

Love and peace, Gerard.

2. gerard

gerard Valued Member

Sorry the second link is this

Dao xie (thanks), Gerard.

3. gerard

gerard Valued Member

Here we go

I almost gave up. My mind is too tired, sorry. Academic life brrrrr!

4. khafra

khafra New Member

From Gerard's link:
    Now that, my friends, was a philosophy written by women! Seriously, isn't it rather obvious who came up with that, and why?

Still, it makes me wonder about men who, to put it in a PG way, acquire yang as well as yin in their activities. Shouldn't that be a shortcut, the quickest, easiest way to immortality, and not a complete loss of yang?

5. gerard

gerard Valued Member

Nope, most Daoist sages with the excepcion of Hwang-Di (Yellow emperor) advisers: Plain girl and Rainbow girl. Here are two excerpts of the book "Suu Nu Ching" (Chinese Bible of Daoist Sex):

Passage 1 on Lovemaking or Celibacy

Yellow Emperor asked: I am too old. I don't want to make love any more.
    Plain Girl (The first Emperor's Sexual Advisor) answered: You should not contradict nature - the Yin-Yang harmonic balance. Sex is the only way for us human beings to harmonize (neutralize) excessive Yin (female) and Yang (male) forces. When your penis is not active, it will shrink or atrophy (so does the urethral/vaginal spongy tissues - the female inner penis). That is why you must have sex regularly. If a man can learn how to control and regulate the ejaculation, he will get great benefits from lovemaking no matter how old he is. Retention of semen if necessary can solve your problem.

Passage 2 on Over-Ejaculation and Over-masturbation

Rainbow Girl (the 2nd Emperor's Sexual Advisor) asked : As we know, a man experiences great pleasure upon ejaculation. But, why will he start to restrain ejaculation after he learns the Tao of Love (the Yin-Yang Harmonization of Sexual union)? Does reduction of his ejaculation frequency diminish his sexual pleasure?
    Peng-Tze (the Emperor's Medical Doctor) Answred: Not at all. After ejaculating, he feels tired and exhausted, his hearing becomes buzzing, his vision is blurred (with eyefloaters), his eye lips get heavy, he is thirsty, his limbs, muscles and ligaments lose strength, and he longs for sleep. He just enjoys a brief moment of sensational pleasure upon ejaculation, followed by long hours of wearisome, weakness and exhaustion. This is not a true sexual pleasure.

I recommend you to read all of these texts to become acquainted with Daoist internal alchemy and allied topics:

1. Joseph Needham, Science and Civilization in China, Volume 5, Chemistry and Chemical Technoloq, Part 3, Spagryical Discovery and Invention: Physioloqical Alchemy, (Cambridge: Cambridge UP, 1983).

2. Ho Peng Yoke, "Chinese Alchemy," in Li, oi and Shu.

3. Harper, D. (1987), "The Sexual Arts of Ancient China as Described in a Manuscript of the Second Century B.C.," Harvard Journal of Asiatic Studies 47 (2).

4. Wile, D. (1992). "Sexual Practices, Medicine and Taoism" Art of the Bedchamber, The Chinese Sexual Yoqa Classics, including, Women's Solo Meditation Texts (Albany: SUNY Press).

5. Sivin, N. (1965). Chinese Alchemy: Preliminarv Studies (Cambridge: Harvard UP, 1965).

6. Ho Peng Yoke (1974) "Bai Zhuyi," Harvard Journal of Asiatic Studies, vol. 34.

7. Schafer, E. (1963) "The Golden Peaches of Samarkand: - Study of T'anq Exotics" (Berkeley: University of California Press)

8. Schipper, K. (1978) "The Taoist Body," History of Reliqions vol. 17.

9. Van Gulik (1974). Sexual Life ln Ancient China, Preliminary survey of Chinese Sex and Society From ca. 1500 B.C. till 1644 A.D., E.J. Brill, Leiden, (1961)

10. Ware, J. (1966), Alchemy, Medicine, Reliqion in China of A.D. 320, the N'ien P'ien of Ko Hunq (Pao*e-*tzu) (Cambridge: MIT Press)

11. Chinese Science, no. 1, 1975 (alchemy bibliography).

12. Strickmann, M. "On the Alchemy of T'ao Hung*ching," in Welch and Seidel, Facets of Taoism.

13. Sivin, N. (1970) "Chinese Alchemy as a Science," in Frederic Wakeman, Jr., ed., Nothinq Concealed, Essays ln Honor of Liu Yu*vun (Taipei).

14. Sivin, N.(1977) "Chinese Alchemy and the Manipulation of Time," in Nathan Sivin, ed., Science and Technoloay in East Asia (Science History Publications, New York, 1977)

15. Eliade, M. (1970), "Alchemy and Science in China," Review of Sivin, Chinese Alchemy: Preliminary Studies, History of Religion 10 (2).

16. Jiangfeng, "Benevolent Elixir," in One DaY in China, Mav 21, 1936, translated & edited, Sherman Cochran and Andrew C.K. Hsieh (New Haven, Yale UP, 1983).

17. Reardon *Anderson, J. (1991) The Study of Chanqe: Chemistry in China,(Cambridge: Cambridge UP).

Sorry your question lacks depth. You don't reach Nirvana just by having correct sex. Recommendation: Read main Buddha's scriptures. This

Good luck, Gerard.

http://www.purifymind.com/

6. khafra

khafra New Member

Well, it was a rather sophist question, although it's something I honestly wonder--but your answer brings another to mind: Aren't Buddhism and Taoism completely different? Buddha, to my knowledge, never referred to gaining immortality at all, and only spoke of strength as virtue, not a more substantial (if still intangible) quality that could be built and perpetuated through exercises or practices (although, of course, the mindset to produce virtue could be helped along by meditation).

Of course, Laotze didn't say much about sex, either.

7. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

BWAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!
    I love the way your argument goes from defending a silly superstition to abusing me and calling me a troll without passing by fieldwork, logic and established fact. It makes you look very intelligent.
    Incidentally, the man feels exhausted after sex because he has worked hard and enjoyed himself. This is no bad thing.
    The word you are looking for is not 'jing' but 'jizz'.
    If jizz is not evacuated regularly, it can accumulate and potentially be an aggravating factor in causing prostate cancer. I would actually recommend regular mastarbation as a purifacatory practice :D
    The difference between our western proven science and your silly rubbish is that empirical science is proven by rigorous testing and experimentation. I don't recall having any kind of 'dogmatism' as you call it, merely an education.
    I can't believe I am seriously having to give you guys sexuality 101. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2004
  8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

You don't reach Nirvana just by having correct sex

Well there are several schools of thought that would take issue with that - particularly in the western occult tradition.

Abstinence is one way to conserve energy, but there are other equally effective ways.

9. OBCT

OBCT New Member

My forced abstinance has been over for obout half an hour now. I cannot walk, the screen is out of focus, im hungry but damn, just let it be, lt it be...Lenon was great, bye

10. gerard

gerard Valued Member

Sorry for rising your yang fire. There is nothing I can't say only sorry for wasting words and arguing. Anyway I respect your view regardless abismal differences in our approaches.

I finish posting in this thread and anything related with Dao.

Again I feel sorry for you.

He ping, Gerard.

11. khafra

khafra New Member

Actually, KE, testosterone levels drop in men right after sex, and raise in women right after--although regular sex raises men's average test levels. That's probably where the jiang/yin/yang thing started, I would think, extrapolating from that easily discernable difference when women gain test and men lose it, to hypothesize long-term effects.
    Although I don't really get drained at all after sex, whether it's with another person or my left hand. Maybe I'm abnormally pre-balanced.

12. Knight_Errant

YOU feel sorry for ME? :D
    Man, that's Ironic :D
    If you're a loser who can't get laid, that's fine. Nobody minds that. What gets people's backs up is pointing to obscure religious philosophies to try and justify yourself.

13. hwardo

hwardo Drunken Monkey

Dude, you are usually reasonably funny, but you realize that you are just trolling at this point, don't you? I mean, seriously, take your rat, talk to him, figure out something vaguely informed to say, or go back under your bridge. :D

14. OBCT

OBCT New Member

Sex helps to truly interact with another being (your girlfriend), it teaches you how your inner spirit (soul) responds to another (girlfriends' soul) in different situations, and how that other spirit (girlfriends' soul) responds to the world around it, and so how you respond to the world around you.
    You look at each others mistakes, and where you need to improve, and improve those areas helping eachother to become better people both externally and internally.
    Abstaining from sex can cause problems to the phsyche, I mean after all, the purpose of life is procreation, it seems kind of suicidal to prohibitthis even on a short term, albeit for those who do abstain; THANK YOU, It leaves more women for us to attempt to bed.
    And KhafraIf your not left drained, with legs that won't work and sore places that hurt to even wash, you really are not giving it your all.

15. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Given your later sex is the purpose of life statement all this seems a little rich. I mean in reality sex is simply sticking this sensitive organ into that sensitive organ any of the rest of it is purely pyschological. How does having a part of your body inserted in someone elses make you understand someone elses mistakes better or get a better understanding of how they perceive the world?
    NO IT ISNT! :D Unless you view life from a primarily biological perspective and even then with earth overcrowding like it is it would actually be more beneficial to the species on a whole if we all became homosexual and stopped producing offspring for a while. We have this thing called self conscience which means that we dont necessarily have to act on our primal instincts so put simply procreation is not the only purpose of life. Are you saying an infertile person must live a pointless life?

16. Knight_Errant

Um, actually I was speaking from an educated point of view, i.e. as a person who has actually read books...
    Incidentally, a troll is someone who posts simply to cause a disturbance, whereas a person who just points out blindingly obvious facts is in no way a troll.
    I particularly love the way that rube claims his world view is something that 'transcends' medical fact and science. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2004
  17. soggycat

soggycat Valued Member

Aha, therein lies the wisdom of "Wu Wei", not wasting energy in pursuing pointless and/ot unnatural activities

18. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Dang this thread is taking a weird turn.

19. KRONOS

KRONOS Valued Member