Do You Abstain?

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Azrael, Jan 31, 2004.

1. gerard

gerard Valued Member

Nzric, is the your type of girl?

[​IMG]

2. hwardo

hwardo Drunken Monkey

That is truly shocking. Did more for my abstinance today than any philosophy.

3. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Hwardo, calling Sooty a rodent is like calling a beautiful tiger a cat....Sooty is a god among guinea pigs, reigning over all he surveys. We should put his likeness on a coin or a stamp or something. Or maybe a pack of condoms..... :D

4. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

He could appear on some official MAP merchandise :D
    It is the persistence, the sheer tenacity and the wit of sooty that I admire and worship. Such worthy qualities will do more for you than any amount of avoiding sex 'cause you're not capable of getting it.
    This thread is a waste of space :)

5. hwardo

hwardo Drunken Monkey

Like you're getting any, rat-man. :eek: :D

6. Knight_Errant

yeah, I'm getting your mother. Every night :D

7. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

That's cute G, we always appreciate it when someone shares his family photos. How is your sister anyway?

8. hwardo

hwardo Drunken Monkey

This thread has gone straight to hell in a handbasket. :cool:

9. gerard

gerard Valued Member

Nzric, Nzric, my little grasshopper, where is your sense of humour? I was just playing a joke.

Sorry, Gerard.

10. ranger

ranger New Member

hey guys i have a question. i think its somewhat related to abstaining. one of my senseis senior in karate, his very good i might add, but now is insane, has totally lost his mind. he goes around and most of the time his just there standing knees bent staring at something for a long long time. i think ther are a lot of factors why this happened but one that usually comes out when people talk is that this kind of started when he and his wife are not in good terms becoz of poverty y'know and then she refuses to have sex with him anymore. that and several more problems in their house somewhat cause his insanity but they say the big factor was his wife refusal to y'know. do you think?could think be possible? :)

11. gerard

gerard Valued Member

Sorry Ranger, I don't think sexual abstention leads you to insanity. Maybe his wife is insane and drove him crazy too.

Don't worry about him. Everyone is different. That's his karma. Nothing you can do about it.

Gerard.

12. Knight_Errant

This thread has gone on long enough :rolleyes:
    in the face of science and reason, some mouth-breathers will always claim that sex is a bad thing. They can go their own sweet way- I'll be in the back seat...

13. OBCT

OBCT New Member

I'm abstaining at the moment, but not through choice...
    I kissed another girl in a club and got caught :eek: :eek:
    It is not pleasant, and i do not feel in any way spiritual better off or more focused, just stressed and more easily distracted, plus i think i will go blind soon, possibly mad too.

14. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

haha, word to that. But saving up chi is a good excuse, I'll start using that :eek:

15. gerard

gerard Valued Member

Knight Errant, as you live in a different world (empirical science), it'd be very hard to change your mind. However, let me ask you something:

Have you ever tried trascendental meditation or achieving internal alchemy?

If you want to have a go, let me know about your progress (difficult if you live in a non-ideal environment) and then we can discuss if strict celibacy is for mouth-breathers as you claim.

Gerard.

16. Knight_Errant

The thing is, I tend to think that anything that won't stand up to scientific enquiry is not a different 'world', it's a load of...
    But seriously, yes, I have meditated etc. And I'm able to fit that into my scientific outlook. It's simply a useful mode of thought.
    I see the doctrine of abstinence as being similar to the Pauline Christian 'women are evil! don't have sex with them!' attitude. I.e. a vicious, psychopathic, mysoginistic ploy designed to keep women out of positions of power.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2004
  17. hwardo

hwardo Drunken Monkey

Actually, the women make out like bandits in taoist abstinance-- the idea is that you can and should give the woman an orgasm, but a man should save his sperm for only a couple of orgasms a month. Sex without depletion of jing is quite possible, and can even lead to multiple orgasms in men.

You are confusing tantric stuff with moralistic stuff-- get your facts together.

18. buddah_belly

buddah_belly New Member

It's good to be the queen.

19. Knight_Errant

You are confusing medical fact with chinese superstition. Get YOUR facts together.

20. hwardo

hwardo Drunken Monkey

I've got my experiences, you have your dogmatism. But I'm sure you're right-- if you haven't done it, it must not exist. And sooty looks like a rat. : :eek:

Anyway, what are you still doing in here?