djinn and spiritual silat

Discussion in 'Silat' started by alex0000, May 18, 2006.

1. IndraMuda

IndraMuda Valued Member

Just to share the facts from islamic perspective

Hi Wali, how are you!

Shahih Muslim, H2169, P1170
    Aishah narrated that the Messenger of Allah SWT said: “The Angels were created from Light and the Jinn from a Smokeless flame of fire and Adam was created from What Allah explained (ie, from sounding clay like the Clay of pottery).” (Bukhari 4871)
    Ar-Rahman (The Most Gracious) 55:15

2. IndraMuda

IndraMuda Valued Member

THE ENMITY (PERMUSUHAN) BETWEEN MAN AND THE SETAN/JINN

Briefly, the enmity between man and the Setan is deeply rooted its origin goes back to the day Allah formed Adam, before He breathed the soul into him. When Allah breathed the soul into Adam, and commanded the angels to prostrate to Adam. Iblisjinn used to worship Allah with the Angels of heaven so he was included in the command. But he thought highly of himself and was arrogant so he refused to prostrate to Adam:

Al-Araf (The Heights [or The Wall with Elevations]) 7:12, 14-17

(Allah) said: “What prevented you (O Iblis) that you did not prostrate yourself when I commanded you?” Iblis said: “I am better than him (Adam). You created me from fire, and him you created from clay.” (12)

(Iblis) said: “Allow me respite till the Day they are raised up (i.e the Day of Resurrection).” (14)

(Allah) said: “You are of those respited.” (15)

(Iblis) said: “Because You have sent me astray, surely, I will lie in wait against them (human beings) on Your straight Path.” (16)

“Then I will come to them from before them and behind them, from their right and from their left, and You will not find most of them as thankful ones (i.e they will not be dutiful to You).” (17)

This is a metaphor for his insinuating whispers (waswaas) to them, and his encouraging them to do well as much as he can, as Allah said:

Al-Isra (The Journey by Night) 17:64

“And befoot them gradually those whom you can among them with your voice (i.e songs, music, and any other call for Allah’s disobedience), make assaults on them with your cavalry and your infantry, share with them wealth and children (by tempting them to earn money by by illegal way usury, or by committing illegal sexual intercourse), and make promises to them” But Satan promises them nothing but deceit.

Fatir (The Originator or Creation, or The Angels) 35:6

Surely, Satan is an enemy to you, so take (treat) him as an enemy. He only invites his Hizb (followers) that they may become the dwellers of the blazing Fire.

An Nisa (The Women) 4:119

Verily, I will mislead them, and surely I will order them desires, and certainly, I will order them to slit the ears of cattle, and indeed I will order them to change the nature created by Allah.” And whoever takes Satan as a Wali (protector or helper) instead of Allah, has suffered a manifest loss.

Al-Isra (The Journey by Night) 17:62

(Iblis (Satan)) said: “See this one whom You have honoured above me, if you give me respite (keep me alive) to the Day od Resurrection I will surely seize and mislead his offspring (by sending them astray) all but a few.”

3. Bobster

Bobster Valued Member

What I think...

Well, I hope you find him. I do not believe in Djinn, Shaitan, Setan, Allah, God, call it what you will. Neither has ever made themselves apparent to me. Monotheistic religion has never really brought out the best in humankind, and excepting personal belief or disbelief has nothing to do with Pencak Silat. I believe in what I can see, touch, smell, hear or taste. If it is organic, then it bleeds, period. You can pray all you want, it won't stay my hand if you are facing me. I have heard all kinds of things from people who swore they were protected by prayer, chanting, Koran, Bible, amulets, whatever. They bleed like everyone else.

4. tellner

tellner Valued Member

Fair enough, Bobbe. You may have to stick the truly fanatical ones a few more times than you would most people. Someone who really doesn't care what happens to him as long as he kills - scratch that, "wants nothing more than to die killing" - you is a really frightening guy. It doesn't matter what he believes in. He'll keep coming after a sane person would say "This just isn't fun any longer. I think I'll cut my losses and go."

Last edited: May 26, 2006
  5. Bobster

Bobster Valued Member

Oh Todd, by the way, I got your check...I'll keep my eyes peeled in Bandung!

...Which may be hard to see if I do that, so I'll just keep them open instead!

6. tellner

tellner Valued Member

Cool. Just remember, that's two girls. They have to have all their teeth, know how to cook and live far enough out in the forest that I can hide when Tiel comes after me with the parang.

7. Bobster

Bobster Valued Member

Todd, I'm sorry, but I'm gonna need some personal guarantees here that Tiel is coming after YOU instead of ME. At mnimum, I'll need to be assured that she's at least going to START with you, and give me enough of a head start to disappear back into Indonesia. For life.

If you can give me your word that you die first, I'll bring back a couple of Indo chicas for you. And I'll make sure they can cook a delicious rendang with nasi goreng and bandrek.

...Because I want you last meal to be special for you!!

8. IndraMuda

IndraMuda Valued Member

AL-FURQAN 25:29
    “He indeed led me astray from the Reminder (this Quran) after it had come to me. And Setan is to man ever a deserter in the hour of need

9. Orang Jawa

Orang Jawa The Padi Tribe-Guardian

Time and place for anything...

Salam Indra Muda,
    I do appreciate your Quotations, however, this is not the place for that. We have to respect other persilat who happen to be a Jew, Christian, Budda, or Hindu. It seemed unfair for them to keep telling them about the Holly Quran. Unless you are willing to give them also a qoute from the Holly Bible, Taurah, etc. FYI, I am a Muslim and coming from a very religious background family. All my family have been to Mecca. Some of them several times.
    Don't mean to offends you, but I would love to discuss silat not a religion on this forum.
    Thanks,
    Tristan

10. IndraMuda

IndraMuda Valued Member

To Administrator: Be free to erase all of my postings if I have not beeing fair!

Waalaikum Mussalam Waramatullahi Wabarakatuh and Assalaamualaikum to you Orang Jawa!

Alhamdulillah, I am happy for your family and you that Allah SWT has blessed His Rahmat. All of you must be amongth the selected few of muslims/mukmin being Grace with several invitations as His special Guest in the Holy Land. Hopefully Allah SWT will bless the same to my family and me, insya’Allah!

Back to the posting/s, I apologise to all, IF, I have not being fair with my thoughts. I can only share my personal silat and spiritual knowledge in regards to the subject matter, “Jinn and Spiritual Silat”. It is to my opinion that there is no better source to share the knowledge of “Jinn and Spiritual matters” besides referring to the Holly Book and, in my case, it is The Holly Al-Quran (Covering: Injil, Zabur, Taurat and Qusus (Prophets Musa and Ibrahim) according to my Islamic Faith) rather than just mere speculation of thoughts. To believe or not to believe is everybody’s freedom of choice and level of intellectualities (Hukum Aqal): Intellectual necessity (Wajib), Impossibility (Mustahil) and Possibility (Harus/Jaiz).

Yes, I humbly admit that there are countless faiths and definitions of silat out there. Thus, they are free to express, manifest or share their views. “I cannot put words in the mouth.” I don’t know about the rest, but personally, I respect their views and will take it as knowledge and awareness.

Hope this will clear the air!

Regards to All!

11. realitychecker

realitychecker New Member

Whatever your religon is............

The prayers of my family go out to the people effected by today's Yogyakarta earthquake. For those who haven't heard yet, it was 6.5, and so far 2500 have been found perished. May God have mercy on the injured, dying, and departed. If anyone finds a legitamate fund, I'd like to contribute.
    God Bless...

12. Orang Jawa

Amen brother, Amin saudara/saudari.
    I spoke to my brother in Jakarta last night, the Indonesian Ministry of information said, it could be as high as 4500 people perished on that earthquake.
    John, you may contact the Redcross. They have a special fund for this disaster.
    God Bless and Rest In Peace
    Tristan

13. IndraMuda

IndraMuda Valued Member

Every human has a partner Jinn

Hadith - Sahih Muslim 6757, Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud, similar narration 6759 by 'Aisha, r.a.
    Allah's Apostle [PBUH] said: There is none amongst you with whom is not an attached from amongst the jinn (devil). They (the Companions) said: Allah's Apostle [PBUH] with you too? Thereupon he said: Yes, but Allah helps me against him and so I am safe from his hand and he does not command me but for good.

No one was born without being Poked by Satan

Abu Hurairah narrated that the Messenger of Allah SAW said:
    “No one was born without being Poked by Satan and he cries except
    Ibn Maryam (Isa) and his mother.”

Abu Hurairah added: Read if you want:
    “and I seek refuge for her and for her Offspring with You against the outcast
    Satan.” Al-Imran 3:36

14. Orang Jawa

It seemed you are into Jin and Satan...Interesting.
    Reality Checker send his prayers and condolonces to the People in Jogyakarta, Indonesia. And your response to his post is ??????
    Can we at least take a deep abreath for a while and offer some prayers to the death and the injured?
    Call Red Cross or Indonesian Embassy and please give donation to the needy.
    Right now I don't give you know what about jin.
    Peace and Be well,
    Tristan

15. IndraMuda

IndraMuda Valued Member

Just to let you know:

Assalaamualaikum Orang Jawa,

Just to let you know:

a- Malaysia is a neighbor country to Indonesia. We Malaysian are aware, equally concerned, and shared the sadness with what has happened. However, we too accept that what has happened is an Act of Allah SWT. Every Malaysian have contributed to your beloved country and our brothers much earlier and even right this moment working very hard to gather all our resources to continuously extend our humble assistant (Past, present and future). We are always ready to help!

b- Back to the posting, I leave it to your maturity and knowledge to make judgement. You are free to conclude anything. I believe you are a repectable participant in this very forum community.

16. Orang Jawa

[QUOTE=IndraMuda]Assalaamualaikum Orang Jawa,
    Walaikum salam Indra Muda.

Just to let you know:

a- Malaysia is a neighbor country to Indonesia. We Malaysian are aware, equally concerned, and shared the sadness with what has happened. However, we too accept that what has happened is an Act of Allah SWT. Every Malaysian have contributed to your beloved country and our brothers much earlier and even right this moment working very hard to gather all our resources to continuously extend our humble assistant (Past, present and future). We are always ready to help!

That's good to hear.
    One thing that I'm proud to be an American, eventhough the religion is predominantly Christian, the Government and the American People are the first one to response to any global tragedy.
    Now as a person, we cannot used that as a blanket statement or an excuses not to give or donate something for the needy. So be generous and be a good muslim!!!!!!
    Since you are quoting alots from Quran about jin or satan. Why don't you find a quote from Quran that encourage a Muslim to donate their time and money, or else to help the people in tragedy?
    Tristan

17. IndraMuda

IndraMuda Valued Member

Iblis has his throne in the sea:

Iblis has his throne in the sea, and he sends out his dispatchment who aggravate people. The greatest of them before him is the one who has caused the most fitnah. One of his workers comes and tells him, "I did not leave [my victim] until I brought about separation between him and his wife." Iblees draws him near, and says to him, "Yes! You (are the best!)"
    (Related by Muslim.)

Dari Jabir ra katanya dia mendengar Rasulullah saw bersabda: “Singgahsana
    Iblis berada di lautan. Dari sana dia mengirim Pasukannya untuk membuat fitnah (mengacau Atau membencanai) umat manusia. Maka Siapa yang lebih besar jasanya (terhormat) Di kalangan mereka.Hadith 2408 SM

18. Wali

Wali Valued Member

IndraMuda,

With all due respects... What are you trying to set accross?

This is a silat forum.

Cheers,
    Wali

19. jameskorst

jameskorst New Member

new thingie... i think..

salams..

my prayer 4 ppl that affected by recent eartquake in indonesia.. God bless them all...

back to the topic..

recently i reread my Seni Beladiri Mags, n ive found an interesting article.. an interview with mar willey.. yup, that wing chun guy from uk.. his encounter with Guru Utama Silat Kegayungan Acheh Helang Putih, an eagle form of silat.. interesting indeed.. in that article, mark willey shared his experience witnessing this guru transformed into an white eagle.. in trance i think.. ;p so, is there any explanation on this guy? i mean, is anydjinnie stuff or extraterrestial thing or it just the devotion of that guru that transform him into that stguys

guys, any idea?

20. jameskorst

jameskorst New Member

to indra..

salams..

just shocked this forum turn into pendidikan agama islam class.. IMHO, its okay to say islamic perspective of silat as it may related to this topic, but to quote a large sum of koran is totally unsensitive(sorry if its wrong).. silat is 4 all, regardless race, skin color, n religion.. except kebatinan of coz.. so, Indra, discuss the thread aite.. u kinda like preaching to others.. show some respect to others, plz..

in fact, if im not mistaken, there is verse i koran stated that:
    i worship not that which I worship.. and i will not worship that ye have been wont to worship.. nor u will ye worship that which i worship.. to you be your way, and to me mine.. 109:2-6

p/s: Indra is hindu god rite? n u say u r Indramuda or Young Indra(God)? saying u r young god is extremely not islamic.. what i know, islam forbid their followers from saying themself a God..

in a nut shell, i just want u 2 respect others, than other ppl respect u..