Disney buys Lucasfilm

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Chimpcheng, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

2. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

Disney StarWars... we'll see many more Ewoks and Jar Jar Binks.

3. Chimpcheng

To be fair, that Star Wars Star Tours ride at the Disney Parks is pretty sweet, so this marriage is capable of good. However, I do see a revival of Ewoks, Droids and a Jar Jar cartoon...

4. Caleb Demarais

Caleb Demarais Valued Member

Any Star Wars without post Episode IV George Lucas (y'know, the money grabbing traitor one?) at the helm will be an improvement on the Trilogy That Shall Not Be Named.

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

As long as it is quite clear from the outset that

HAN SHOT FIRST!!!!

All will be well....

6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

So very, very true!

Let's face it Disney couldn't do much worse than George did with I-III! :woo:

7. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Darn Tootin!!!!!

9. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

Haha, the first comment on that link by username "Avanties" was, "It's as if a million fans cried out at once and were suddenly silenced by a cease and desist order about Disney's copy written property!"

Let's face it, even if they do a poor job with the IP, it's not exactly like Lucas had been having stellar performance in recent history. Worst case scenario, the true fans will always have the first trilogy. And hell, maybe Disney will actually release a digital version of the original Star Wars before Lucas made Han into a pansy.

10. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

All pretty much depends on the writing talent and directors they bring in to do this. Got mixed emotions on this like Chimpcheng.

They do need to remember what made the Star Wars & Empire Strikes Back good movies. It wasn't the marketing rights either. They also need to remember it was the ewoks that messed up Jedi.

I saw the first one in the theater on the big screen when it first came out & I mean to tell you Han shot first. That was the part that grabbed me. The Big Mouse would do well to remember that as they go forward.

Hope for the best and May The Force Be With You....

11. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

12. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

I hope so! I bought the VHS original trilogy when it came out, but, you know, where do you find a VHS player these days? Pretty soon mine is going to die and then I'll be stuck with the Remake That Sucks. :woo:

I cannot expect Disney to do a good job with this -- where "bad job" is defined as "more Jar Jar, more Ewoks, and more stupid robots" -- but, I gotta give them credit where credit is due. The live-action show with audience participation is pretty cool. Several years ago my son was one of the boys called up to stage to train as a padawan and then duel with Darth Vader and Darth Maul. It was sweeeet. :love: :D That's a very cool show.

13. 6footgeek

6footgeek Meow

MARA JADE!!!!

KYP DURRON!!!

KYLE KATARN!!!

CORRAN HORN!!!!!

GASP!! SABA SABYTYNNE!!!

So many people i want to see!!!

I'd love to see the Xwing and wraith squadron series made into a Tv serial. =)

I wonder if we'll ever get to see the Yuuzhangvong series.... one movie on Vector prime...

Chewie's death.....

It has the potential for awesomeness.... but......

14. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Great, more of that "pew, pew, pew" stuff.

15. Chimpcheng

I just thought, unless Disney have some sort of partnership with 20th Century Fox with regards to future Star Wars films, it probably means we are losing the Fox fanfare before the Star Wars titles begins... Ok, it's not part of the Star Wars theme, but I still get goosebumps after the Fox fanfare and the title "A long time ago..."

The more I think about it, the more I'm getting excited. :)

16. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Brilliant....more films for Mr Plinkett and the guys at Red Letter media to rip into. :)
    If nothing else the Star Wars prequels gave us the best movie reviews of all time.
    Silver linings and all that.

17. Chimpcheng

Just seen a clip online where they signed the deal, the voice over said that Lucas will still have creative input in future films.

18. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Am I the only one who'd like to see a couple of movies set in the KOTOR era??

:Angel:

19. ronki23

ronki23 Valued Member

I really hope it's not a continuation of the Anakin-Luke story; I HATED the story after ROTJ

Another Clone Wars perhaps-the fate of Ashoka? Jesus, it's been 4 years since Clone Wars 3D- time flies

Disney wasn't all that bad with Marvel so maybe they'll LISTEN to market research unlike the previous Master of Star Wars who turned to the Dark Side,

[​IMG]

EDIT: If they keep making movies they'll inflate the franchise and make it too geeky; i'm sure Star Trek and Dr. Who being a TV series made it too geeky (that and it felt far too sci-fi and not enough action)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  20. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Am I the only one that thought Avengers Assemble was a bit rubbish?
    No idea what was going on most of the time, long stretches of naff all happening besides some inpenetrable dialogue and mumbled quips.
    Seemed like a load of people larping at being superheroes to me.
    I had no sense of who the baddies were or why they were really doing what they did.
    There were some great bits (when hulk finally arrived he was ace) but as an overall film I was bored through most of it.

Wrong thread?!?! :)