Disagree to Agree HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by KSN_Princess, Sep 28, 2011.

1. KSN_Princess

KSN_Princess Kuk Sool Won Princess

Hi ya'll,

I was thinking real deep about something that my FH told me to do if i didn't what to get into an arguement. Which is this : to disagree is to agree

But i feel like thats somewhat lying. My FH is super huge on the lying thing. He feels totally fine doing this but im starting to think that this is kinda lying & im not really liking the idea that he does this on a daily bases somewhat. Then if its what i think it is. Then there would be a trust issue which i don't want that to start forming. & have these issues before we get married!!!

What do u ya'll think???

TIA

Lu

2. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

I agree to disagree.

3. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

Agreeing to disagree is like saying "we're not going to agree on this so let's not fight about it." I don't see it as lying, though. Lying would be pretending to agree on something while secretly hating your FH for his opinions on the matter, or vice versa.

4. GSHAMBROOKE

I always agree to disagree on things when i cant be bothered arguing about the subject.

5. These are two different things, aren't they? :)

Osu!

6. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

I agree to disagree with my conservative or pro life friends. (yes i have them)

7. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Well thank you Blade I didn't know you cared. :love: ;)

8. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

:love:

9. GSHAMBROOKE

If you say so:p

10. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

You have to do the maths. Is winning the argument worth the potential damage that the argument will cause to the relationship? If the answer is yes, then it is either a really important argument or a really crappy relationship.

11. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

God... can someone please tattoo this inside of my eyelids?!:eek:

12. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

What's an FH?

13. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

In my mind, it means "Future" Husband. :cool:

14. Kid Moe

Kid Moe Peace that don't belong

I like to argue so I rarely "agree to disagree". :rolleyes: But in my mind arguing should be a constructive way to prove some point you are trying to make... It shouldn't be a "fight"... At the end, if you cannot change someones mind by giving strong arguments, you should learn to accept it... Otherwise that could be an issue in a future relationship... ;)

15. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

That doesn't sound like "agree to disagree" to me?

16. Kid Moe

Kid Moe Peace that don't belong

I agree... :D

17. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I'm so confused!