Disabled Martial Artists Video & Photo Thread

Discussion in 'Disabled Martial Artists' started by Hapuka, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

I decided to make this thread because there are quite a few disabled martial artists out there. I hope that this thread can offer some encouragement and inspiration to the martial artists who are suffering from a disability or to the martial artists who are feeling down and have meet a road block in there martial arts journey. Sit back and enjoy and post if you want to. Share a video or a photo or just a word.

Insults forwards disabled people will not be tolerated in this thread.

With that I'll start;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Uyr610-hw]Budo for the disabled "cerebral palsy"[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR77Gf71PGc]Emily's Longest Karate Class[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T2xJ0i51vI]Wheel Chair Self-Defense Greg Fraser presents Charlie M.[/ame]

2. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

I feel better now, that disabled people are getting more accommodations, to help pave their way towards success. As I have had accommodations to help me though with school. Not so much with MA because I'm more of a hands on and visual kind of person. Definately not an audiotory learner.

Anyway I'm happy that they are happy. :D :) :love:

3. BentMonk

BentMonk Valued Member

Great Thread

Great thread Hapuka. I will try and post some pics and vids of my students soon.

4. disabledhero

disabledhero jab jab elbow jab knee

HA very few indeed but strong we are I am assistant instructor in my school and i teach "abled body people"

5. donb

donb restless spirit

I wish i could find a picture of the guy i knew somewhere in central illinois that makes prosthesis. He is also an amputee and has a picture kicking a bag with his good leg and standing on his prosthetic leg, in a gi and black belt.

6. disabledhero

i dont suffer

it may sound wierd but in tournaments the expect very little of me because i have cp but when i step into the ring its go time :D :D :D

7. BentMonk

BentMonk Valued Member

Oo Rah!!!

I know well the underestimation you speak of. I love the initial look of surprise when my opponents realize, "Oh wow, I'm really gonna have to spar if I wanna beat this guy!" It's "go time" when I step into the ring as well. :D I'd love to get together and cross hands some time. I'm sure we could learn a great deal from each other.

8. disabledhero

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  9. Joshua Powell

Joshua Powell A white knight

Excelent job on the videos dude:) I'de like to make some...just need to find someone to hold the camera :p I have a first video done if any of you guys want to see it. I have CP, and have been doing the MA called Kuk Sool Won for many years. I make videos of Sword and Staff techniques. Also, another guy that would be good to look up is Clay Johnson. He has CP, he's in a wheel chair, but he is an awesom Martial Arts teacher. He teaches more abled bodied people then he does people with dissabilities... I remember he told me that his students used to very wary of him sometimes, worried that they might hurt him, but he has shown them to be quite different:)

10. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Heres another;

[ame=http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=q6NE8Dai5kk]Handicap Boxer[/ame]

11. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

12. disabledhero

thank you scarlet mist ,you know what i never knew my head was that shaved untill i seen the paper and the i was like wow im so bald.

13. disabledhero

you know i was thinking of filming my sparring sessions and naming it:My Fist in Your Face : disabled but strong

14. Joshua Powell

That would be awesom:). This is kind of a different subject, but I think if I did one I would deffenitely do it of my staff techniques, and call it. The bo-staff of the gentle giant...I consider myself to be tall... ;)

15. disabledhero

did the thread go dead?
    talk ppl!!!

16. Joshua Powell

Unfortunately people don't come on here very much. But that's ok, I'm sure people look here every now and then:)

17. disabledhero

yeah ur right josh

18. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  19. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

20. disabledhero

thank you hiroji