Dinner

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by g-bells, Aug 9, 2010.

1. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

If you could have dinner with anyone-past,present or future..whom would it be?

For me, it would be my mother,i'd give anything to have the chance to sit and eat and speak with her

2. The Decay of Meaning

The Decay of Meaning Valued Member

I feel for you.

As for myself, Dick Cheney or Leon Panetta; if I could threaten them with a fork, so they reveal all the classified information about what is going on in the United States. I have no intention of eating dinner with them otherwise.

A civilized dinner, probably Ernesto Guevara (for being a person with high morale and will), Christopher Nolan (to gain insight into his thoughts) or Hans Zimmer (to gain insight into his music of course).

3. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

well, hitler would probably provide an interesting conversation.

failing that, i dunno, kenwa mabuni or teruo hayashi

4. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Buddha, Moses, Jesus, Muhhumad, to see what the crack was.

Hitler, Stalin, Mao to see what the hell was going on in their heads.

Sun Tzu, Bruce Lee, Al Pacino, Tarantino, Sinatra, Gandhi, MLK, Malcolm X, Napolean (not dynamite), Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, Machiavelli.

For comedy value, Paris Hilton, Megan Fox, Bush Jr, Sarah Palin.

That's all for now.

5. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

Didn't know you spoke German mate :)

I'd quite like to have dinner with Pauline Bindra (founder of Blitz Sport, recently died, but sounds like an amazing woman). If I could communicate I'd second Hitler, though, always thought he was a fascinating bloke. I'd do a lot to have dinner with Geoff Thompson. And ok I'll go sappy, I'd love to have the chance to talk with my dad over dinner. Last time we ate together I was an angsty jerk (surprise birthday meal surrounded by family I couldn't stand), I never did make up for it :/

6. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

If we are in the realm of talking to anyone past present or future, it's quite feasible to assume in an era of time travel and dinner dates obviously we would be communicating telepathicly. :p

7. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

myself 20 years ago.

The Bear.

8. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

The Decay of Meaning's girlfriend

9. Fish Of Doom

replace 20 with 10 and bear with fish

10. rivend

rivend Valued Member

Michelle Rodriguez

Attached Files:

11. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Obama Girl. That chick is hot!!!

12. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Stig of the Dump. That bloke is awesome.

13. Fish Of Doom

rasputin!

i would SO poison his food and drink.

14. WatchfulAbyss

WatchfulAbyss Active Member

First and foremost would be my grandfather, I’d love to speak with him again. Second would be maybe John Singer Sargent or, William-Adolphe Bouguereau.

15. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I was asked a similar question at a job interview. Yup, a job interview. "What three people would I take out for dinner?"

Flumoxed by this, I suggested Jackie Chan (childhood hero), Sun Tzu (I was reading 'The Art of War' on the train down to the interview and also wanted to seem pseudo-intellectual... ;) ) and I got stuck on the last one.

I eventually said Britney Spears... Hey, don't judge me, this was the early 00's...

16. WatchfulAbyss

WatchfulAbyss Active Member

Did you get the job?

17. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Yup! :cool:

18. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I'd like to have dinner with my great grandparents. And my great-great grandparents. (etc.) That would be fascinating.

19. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

I would invite Johnno, Holyhead and MOI, but only provide enough lamb chops for two.....then watch them fight!

20. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I'm going to lose this one aren't I? I'm bringing my own